+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After the dust settled

After the dust settled

Right we've all had time to relax and think about last night's debacle..
    It wasn't good in fact it was bloody awful but we still have our fate in our own hands ..Hopefully it's better weather on Wednesday when we play the Muncs ..Can we get anything out of this one.A point would be better than nothing but we need Mcneil to get his footballing head on and Cornet to be back to form.
    Dyche needs to get us playing a bit of football to give us any chance against the Muncs..I'm not keen on this silly long throw palava that we are doing either..

If I thought about it - Alf...Ii'd be thinking about the same thing I've thought about many times before...like a record stuck on repeat, so best we can hope for isif the opposition doesn't play to a good standard, but then Watford didn't, so should be no different if Manu .....but, if we can get the ball to hit the target....who knows !

We need to stop dreaming that we will avoid relegation.

Quite literally we are out of this league. No real money to play with, despite Pace's best endeavours our recruitment policy is still bloody awful and we have a manager who does not possess any sort of tactical nous.

It's 4-4-2 or nothing, no "Plan B or C or D".

I will not be wasting my time or money watching anymore of this diabolical attempt to play the beautiful game.

Saturday's "performance" really was diabolical.

I totally agree with you BT.

I will be there watching the Man utd game, but I think it may be my last until we replace the current management team. Simply because I cannot see Dyche changing anything.

Hopefully I may be surprised but I don't expect any change of playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We need to stop dreaming that we will avoid relegation.

Quite literally we are out of this league. No real money to play with, despite Pace's best endeavours our recruitment policy is still bloody awful and we have a manager who does not possess any sort of tactical nous.

It's 4-4-2 or nothing, no "Plan B or C or D".

I will not be wasting my time or money watching anymore of this diabolical attempt to play the beautiful game.

Saturday's "performance" really was diabolical.
    I would have stopped watching a long time ago BT if I had to pay to watch that dross.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I would have stopped watching a long time ago BT if I had to pay to watch that dross.
    It's the hope that eventually kills you CiB.

We really need to start playing like Bournemouth. They had 82% possession yesterday against Boreham Wood, they knocked the ball about sideways, backwards and occasionally forwards, in fact they made 20 consecutive passes at one stage to progress from their edge of the centre circle to their opponents edge of the circle, some 20 yards, and then decided to go back to their own edge. At the time, they were losing 0-1 but it was great for their statistics.
    Yes, 82% possession which resulted in 18 shots of which 2 were on target as compared to their non-league opponents who had just 3 shots and had only 1 on target and that ended up in the back of the net.
    Great game to watch with all that football played by Bournemouth, even better game to watch if you are a Boreham Wood supporter because they progress to the next round because they put on a great team performance.

I could just imagine the outcry if we had had 82% possession and lost to a non-league side, it's bad enough drawing with Watford when we had more possession.

Just a word for sinkov about Ashington who featured in another 6 goal feast on Saturday in atrocious weather. Home games are now averaging just over 5 goals per game.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    We really need to start playing like Bournemouth. They had 82% possession yesterday against Boreham Wood, they knocked the ball about sideways, backwards and occasionally forwards, in fact they made 20 consecutive passes at one stage to progress from their edge of the centre circle to their opponents edge of the circle, some 20 yards, and then decided to go back to their own edge. At the time, they were losing 0-1 but it was great for their statistics.
    Yes, 82% possession which resulted in 18 shots of which 2 were on target as compared to their non-league opponents who had just 3 shots and had only 1 on target and that ended up in the back of the net.
    Great game to watch with all that football played by Bournemouth, even better game to watch if you are a Boreham Wood supporter because they progress to the next round because they put on a great team performance.

I could just imagine the outcry if we had had 82% possession and lost to a non-league side, it's bad enough drawing with Watford when we had more possession.

Just a word for sinkov about Ashington who featured in another 6 goal feast on Saturday in atrocious weather. Home games are now averaging just over 5 goals per game.
    Not sure how any of this post is relevant to our game Supersub6?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Not sure how any of this post is relevant to our game Supersub6?
    Sub is perfectly capable of speaking for himself, but it seems obvious to me that he's pointing out to those that moan about hoofball, that 'good football' and lots of possession does not necessarily lead to winning games.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Sub is perfectly capable of speaking for himself, but it seems obvious to me that he's pointing out to those that moan about hoofball, that 'good football' and lots of possession does not necessarily lead to winning games.
    I honestly do not believe our lot could manage 82% possession sinkov.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)