+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dane Murphy

Spot on ESR

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Something definitely changed at the club last summer Arby in my opinion .

My gut feeling is that Conway found it massively frustrating from how he see's this industry that success on the field didn't deliver financial prosperity .

Frustrated to the point he decided to assume some kind of further control over matters .

The big ego kicked in and he relished the opportunity that came his way when Dane left .

Dabbling in a business he knows feck all about is about the strength of it .

As I say I'm only speculating Arby .
    And I agree you could well have put your finger on one of the main parts of 'the party line' that Dane didn't like. I can see it causing friction and Dane being ushered off or walking.
    Nudge, I've thought Conway is the the fly in the ointment for some time. The issues that have occurred have the arrogance of his character written all over them.

He who pays the piper calls the tune.

Murphy was a mouthpiece for Conway.

He got in Dike through his USA connections at Orlando.

His wife had a steady non-job as the newly created role of Barnsley Academy Chief Operations Officer as well as running D&M Football Consultants (Dane & Melissa).

I see the toxic hand of Conway all over his departure plus the pull of a fair wedge at a club with ambition like Forest.

I never met the bloke , but what I've read and heard he seemed to come across as a decent person, no doubt something went off with him and Chubby ! , he's better away from this Circus , appears to have a good job with a club at last that's moving forward , It's remarkable how forest have turned their season round , overall they are a very good side to watch , and looking at least play off material,

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I've got a theory about why Dane left and the way it happened .

It's only a theory and I'm probably wrong .

I wonder because Dane was an ex pro and the infamous " we didn't sell any players " comment he was asked by Conway to have an input in to team selection this season and do what he could to generate some player sales .

Of course with Dane an ex pro he's never going to agree to that and he decided to leave .

I could be way wrong but I wouldn't entirely dismiss it either given what's occurred this season .
    Interesting you say that Animal as I have a theory with no evidence either.
    I wonder if the reason Dane left like he did was because he went off plan, with some of his recruitment decisions last season etc.
    Like you I wonder if this was as a result of his footballing element kicking in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123