+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Simon Stainrod on about Darius the pole and the derry

Simon Stainrod on about Darius the pole and the derry

Simon Stainrod
    Bought him for £300k a few months later sold him for £900k à few moths later got him back for free when Udinese missed a payment.
    Remember all the fantastic players and characters we had?
    Great fun, great lads and great supporters. 🔥

what has happened to us the fans?just accepting the apathy that is abound and has been for a good few years now;

re the pole and the twa goals that jump from memory,the goal against the dabs in the latter bit of the game into the provie rd end sparking lovely scenes and of course the wonder goal at Perth when he ran fro inside his own half.

One great player paying tribute to another

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    Simon Stainrod
    Bought him for £300k a few months later sold him for £900k à few moths later got him back for free when Udinese missed a payment.

what has happened to us the fans?just accepting the apathy that is abound and has been for a good few years now;

re the pole and the twa goals that jump from memory,the goal against the dabs in the latter bit of the game into the provie rd end sparking lovely scenes and of course the wonder goal at Perth when he ran fro inside his own half.

Or the two at tynecastle, Q rross song Darius the Pole

Simon Stainrod

Me and jdfc met him at Glasgow airport when we were going on holiday when he was with rangers

Asked mcoist or durrant (jdfc will mind) for a photo and they thought they meant get at photo ....."nah no we you with the pole"......the pole was dead chuffed

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Me and jdfc met him at Glasgow airport when we were going on holiday when he was with rangers

Asked mcoist or durrant (jdfc will mind) for a photo and they thought they meant get at photo ....."nah no we you with the pole"......the pole was dead chuffed

class.....

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Still have it as profile photo on Facebook

class.....
    Here's another true story.

A few years before we were on holiday in Belalmadina.

Dee were away to hearts on the Saturday

J and me usual script away to pub early for the scores.....too early and a fair scoof ensued with owner who was a wolves fan who claimed wolves were bigger than man u.....I know 🙄......anyway......the pole scores at tynecastle for a Dundee win (I think).....and it gets a bit hazy from there......in the pub and I starts the song "it's a goal from Darius the pole......to the tune of Andy Cole.

Anyway a guid night was had by all.

Next day no minding much and both wives no very happy we retreat to the pool no to get head nipped and get story straight.

Leaning against the pool wall this auld boy who we'd never seen in our puff swims past doing the breast stroke and says "how's the Derry boys the day, sair heads"....😃

Anyway come back to the derby and he scores late equaliser and I start the song in the bowzer after the game......and it stuck.😁

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)