+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A question.

A question.

For those who think that Sean has lost the plot, is past his sell by date and should be replaced as soon as possible, and I'm not knocking these posters, they all admit that Sean has worked wonders for us in the past, but think he is now a liability, which is fair enough.

It's purely hypothetical because it won't happen, but if we sacked Sean tomorrow and replaced him with either Klopp or Pep, do you think we would stay up ?

No.

A very good question Sinkov, my initial pessimistic thoughts were no I can not see us surviving in the EPL this time.

However trying to be optimistic if we have one or two players who may have creative and flair skills which have been stifled by Sean Dyche's rigidity and stubborn refusal to try other approaches than we may have an outside chance, but that is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    For those who think that Sean has lost the plot, is past his sell by date and should be replaced as soon as possible, and I'm not knocking these posters, they all admit that Sean has worked wonders for us in the past, but think he is now a liability, which is fair enough.

It's purely hypothetical because it won't happen, but if we sacked Sean tomorrow and replaced him with either Klopp or Pep, do you think we would stay up ?
    The damage has been done over the last three years, and it's irrevocable as far as this season is concerned.

Anyone coming in now would have to be looking at next season in the Championship and building the team to bounce back. This season is gone, there would be more chance of raising Lazarus than BFC

Definitely not. Neither of them would have a clue if they had to work with two hands tied behind their backs like Sean.

We have played S D's system for years to change anything, lets say we have been playing system 'A', to change to another system 'B' or 'C' etc , in such a short time is impossible.

WE have drawn the last three games, two of them against Arsenal and Man U. We will not be relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by chastenor View Post
    WE have drawn the last three games, two of them against Arsenal and Man U. We will not be relegated.
    Draws are not good enough my mate, by my reckoning we need another EIGHT wins to have any chance of us staying up.

I just cannot see where EIGHT wins are going to come from, since that up to press we have only won ONE.

I remember when we were in the old first division (Mk 2) and went on an eleven match unbeaten run but still got relegated as most of the results were draws (Back where we belong season).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)