+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Barnet 08.02.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Well I'm not Davey and full disclosure - I only listened to the game with Charlie. We gave Barnet a thrashing on the opening day. At just over the half way point we are just outside the play-offs. Why does trashing a Barnet whose defenders stood around like mannequins according to Stallard bode for a better second half of the season? We're out of top spot contention as noted in an earlier post. We're pretty well out of 2nd spot contention too. I've heard nothing yet that says we anything better than a good, attractive but inconsistent NL side lacking muscle.
    Good, attractive inconsistent NL lacking muscle but plenty of ability that can be devastating on their day.

If we could just lose the inconsistent part we'd be top

On the issue of match bans how on earth are they policed? Unless the perpetrator has to attend a police station on match days do systems really exist at football grounds to identify an offender?
    I think that's how they do it, they have to report to a police station whenever theres a game, which would be a massive ball ache, so fully deserved for idiots like the one last night.

Well I'm not Davey and full disclosure - I only listened to the game with Charlie. We gave Barnet a thrashing on the opening day. At just over the half way point we are just outside the play-offs. Why does trashing a Barnet whose defenders stood around like mannequins according to Stallard bode for a better second half of the season? We're out of top spot contention as noted in an earlier post. We're pretty well out of 2nd spot contention too. I've heard nothing yet that says we anything better than a good, attractive but inconsistent NL side lacking muscle.
    If you had watched the game with your own eyes you may have a different view, rather than Barnet defenders were like mannequins. Notts movement (particularly first half) was the best I have seen this season. Notts were attacking Barnet from all angles, and Barnet couldn’t cope. The tone was set inside the first few seconds.
    I don’t buy in to Notts being out of contention for anything. After all, it wasn’t that long ago we won 6 on the spin. A similar run puts us well and truly in the mix.
    The best part about last night is that we saw squad players play well and players whose form has dipped get back some confidence back.
    The next 4-6 weeks are massive. Given the games we are due to play over that period, it will literally make or break our season. Dover away is the next big game we have, and is a must win. The same night Stockport travel to Bromley (best home record v best away record) and Borehamwood return to league action at home to Alty (most out of form team in the league).
    Until it’s mathematically impossible, I will keep the faith that we can achieve what we all want (apart from Davy)

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Very true, some people don’t get it but I did like the fact we did try and mix it up slightly last night, Cameron’s ball for Sam was a peach, if you have some with his passing ability we probably need to utilise it slightly more on the odd occasion but you do need someone up front with a bit pace to utilise it and Sam did that excellently for that goal, the run, the control and finish were top class.
    Agree re mixing it up. Burchnall has highlighted at various junctures in the season the need to stretch certain games when we are being pressed. My one criticism of Burchnall is that in order to stretch the game, you need pace. I don’t believe we’ve had the right personnel on the pitch that have that pace.

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenpie View Post
    Amazing crowd for an early February night match against Barnet in the 5th tier. Pity it wasn't 5,656, ie one less, which it would have been for the 2nd half.

As somebody else has pointed out, we probably should wait for the official report before condemning the guy but it would seem serious enough to prompt the reaction it did. Wouldn't be at all surprised if it was alcohol fuelled, as these incidents apparently usually are, and yet football is going to allow alcohol to be sold in all areas of the grounds again, so we'll no doubt have much more of this sort of thing as well as what we saw at Fword v Leicester on Sunday.

That's the nature of the world right now, sadly, cynical exploitation to make money whilst wrapping it up with moral grandstanding and you're good to go with everybody whose not under the spotlight for their human failings gets to feel good about themselves whilst, I strongly suspect, falling well short of living a life remotely comparable to Jesus Christ.

Interesting to see the Cat Lives Matter levels of reaction to the Zouma West Ham video, No doubt a huge percentage of people frothing at the mouth at that demanding he be cancelled from the game forever are happily funding a meat industry exploiting and slaughtering animals purely for profit.

Funny old game Saint.

Stunning performance from start to finish. Ok one small spell second half where we dropped off but I can forgive that. At last Sam starts and look what happens!! Great poachers first, fantastic 2nd goal with power , pace control and difficult finish he made look easy. Even more noticeable was his desire to track back and defend effectively.Every man was on top form with Cal at his best, Ruben back in form, chicken inspired. Every single player played their part. Well done Burchnall for changing formation, well done team for responding and HUGE well done Sam the Man. Long overdue start taken with with style.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast