+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At the end of this season

Burnley only have two games in hand now Spurs and Leicester and have to really win and draw those to get level and having to fit them in the schedule could take it out of them, i think Watford are as good as gone now and Norwich seem to be able to pull out a result now and again but dont seem to have any consistency.

I think Trippier's signing has been immense. I hope we've now got enough about us to stay up, and if we do a lot of credit will have to go to Trippier. He might only be with us 3 years, but if he keeps us in the league and helps us kick on then he could be considered up there with some of the other club legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1981_2 View Post
    I think Trippier's signing has been immense. I hope we've now got enough about us to stay up, and if we do a lot of credit will have to go to Trippier. He might only be with us 3 years, but if he keeps us in the league and helps us kick on then he could be considered up there with some of the other club legends.
    I've always said that all we need is a Killer Kilcline type player to start the revival off and here we have Trippier.

By no means in stature, the "Man Mountain" Brian Kilcline was but a man mountain in his attitude and play the same way.

I thought Trippier was a good player when he was at Spurs but i've been really impressed since he joined. His set pieces are quality and i must have watched his free-kick against Everton about 20 times now

Without Trippier, not sure that we would have convinced Bruno to join. I think that he is pulling people around him up by their bootstraps as well. I wonder if he has had an effect on Lascelles belief - it's hard to believe his turn in form is solely down to anything that EH has said or done or he has achieved with any self-reflection or wellness meditation.

Our whole backline has more belief and played with increasing swagger since he joined ( up to this point anyway!!! :eye-roll-emoji: )

The turning point of the season would have been signing Trippier.
    Last edited by trinitoon; 11-02-2022 at 06:49 PM.

Absolutely agree Trin.

I think the attitude displayed by Tripper has dragged everyone up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)