+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: QPR at home. Protesting against Conway & co

I am happy to read your thoughts on the club Ponty End. I am not going to dissect each of the points you have made as Animal has done a perfect job on that and I agree with all he has said. Its applaudable that you are giving your full support to the situation but I dont agree with your stance.

I would like to reiterate that the protest is against the ownership and their European wide failing principles and methods on football club ownership. It is not against the players. Any comment on players not being up to scratch is further condemnation of the model because these owners have to take responsibility for that and for filling gaps in the squad when they appear. They simply havent done that and have recruited on the basis of who can we make most money on. The performances on the field are not their priority, their statement not mine!

I would like to reinforce the point Animal has made regarding the presentation Luke made where he laid out the chronology of this ownership and their activities, successes and failures during their tenure. In fairness he highlighted the promotion and play off as highlights which we all agree with but the overwhelming weight of evidence highlights us as a club on the way down, not up. The transfer policy is failing catastrophically and that is paramount to the success of this model. While that fails the club will fail as these owners will not invest. We are going nowhere with this leadership.

If the parties Luke has interacted with are legitimate prospective new owners, I will support that. I feel however that at some point they need to put themselves forward for the supporters to vet their credibility as I think this is ***** for the initiative Luke has started. The non disclosure agreement Luke has signed is understandable but at some point a statement needs to be forthcoming.

Good luck to Luke today I hope the protest passes peacefully but attracts the publicity and credibility it deserves. I think the press coverage will be important and it seems local journalists are sympathetic to the cause.

vi tal

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    vi tal
    😂😂😂
    Yes - try writing it without including the full stop.
    🤷🏻*♂️🤷🏻*♂️🤷🏻*♂️

I’m guessing you just did.

naff innit?

Good posts from Animal and Eths.

Everybody has a right to their opinion and often people disagree.

What I don't like is something that has surfaced recently, particuarly on BBS,--- the intolerance of different views and methods of gaining attention. There have been hundreds of posts mocking and portraying the Protest Group in a bad light and the denigration of Luke Goddard in particular through some fairly smug comments by leaders of the Supporters Trust and their followers who seem content with the present method of brown nosing round the CEO and owners, content with non answers to "soft" questions.

Some may think yet another fruitless Q&A with Conway or Ahmad will change things. Good luck if anything comes of it.

My view is that fans happy with the present carry on have been royally shafted and pillaked by Conway. To mock others for trying an alternative non violent approach to point out Conway's faults is wrong.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 12-02-2022 at 12:29 PM.

Piles of Conway out posters in courthouse!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    naff innit?
    There was or maybe still is another footy message board network called Vi*tal mad (or summat like that),. And thats why the V word is looked at as a swear word by Footymad. 😁

Yeah SB that sounds so typical from certain Bbs posters, and those who defend Conway & co.
    Its like everybody can have an opinion of course, but they will slag you off summat rotten if you don't agree with theirs!.
    Some interesting and maybe even valid points are being made on here by one person, and he is definitely pro-Conway. And hey thats fine of course, and it makes for a good debate on here.
    But for those who disagree and are sick of the mess we're in as a club, and who are making the effort to do summat about it. They are fans as well and they don't deserve the contempt they are getting from certain sections.

animallittle3

"Evil prevails when good men do nothing"
    ------------------------------------------------

Goodness me, you know people are losing the plot when they wheel out Hitler references. Has Conway now been elevated to mass murderer level by the protest group? and here's me thinking he's had a few lousy transfer windows since we were 3 matches from the Prem in May. What did you call Patrick Cryne when he sold off all the best players from the Hourihane promotion team?

I would ask you again what I asked you yesterday (which you didn't answer). "Why is the QPR match meaningless when a victory could close the gap with Reading to 5pts with 47pts still to play for?"

Given Reading, Peterborough & Derby lost & we won it was an important victory today, admittedly we are still big favourites to go down but the positivity on & off the pitch today gives some hope & a win at Coventry would be be massive.

I agree with you that we would all like new wealthy barnsley born owners who could possibly take us to the Prem but even you must be realising by now its all a fantasy. I would also suggest you would need to check the sanity of anyone wanting to purchase BFC, a business that loses millions every year, will cost millions to buy, requires around 1m a year to maintain a ground you are not allowed to own, plus millions of investment, plus massive grief from fans on everything under the sun if you have a bad spell (including alterations to the catering choices).

As for the protest today I thought it was pathetic tbh, a few dozen posters in the ponty end 'chanting corner' which turned into paper planes, the protest group needed a big defeat today for it to have a chance of going anywhere, but it does show how misrepresentative the numbers on a facebook page can be, the organisers must be fed up they picked this match.

There are a number off field issues at BFC that will only be resolved by clarification from the Cryne family who have been quiet for a long time, information from the Council who have also disappeared, or a court case (as with SUFC) & this will come in the fullness of time. You may be influenced by the daily conspiracy theories on BBS Forum & Facebook etc, but I want hard evidence & i would advise you do the same before labelling anyone 'Evil' regarding football matters. Everything tends to be exaggerated when you are bottom of the league.

Meanwhile I will support the reds, we have a young squad including quite a few Barnsley lads who as we saw today desperately need a lift from the crowd when they give their all, they were impressive today when confidence must have been rock bottom. I really can't understand fans like you who throw in the towel when we are still fighting but thankfully you are in the minority, just remember we are Barnsley & always capable of achieving something special, why not reconsider your support at least until we have a chance of staying up.
    Last edited by Ponty End; 13-02-2022 at 01:39 AM.

@EthelRed

"Its applaudable that you are giving your full support to the situation...."
    --------------------------------------------
    I think you know full well thats not the case & in that post I stated:

"I am not happy with some issues at BFC....."

"There is no doubt it couldn't have gone much worse since May & admittedly this is due to incompetence...."

"The running of BFC by PMG is far from perfect....."

I have also said previously i would welcome new wealthy Barnsley born owners to replace PMG. However, I won't support a campaign that will make things worse at BFC like the "Conway Out" campaign. If you want to take everything Luke Goddard says as gospel thats up to you but you are both in my opinion examples of why this protest is failing, its the attitude that if reds fans are not hostile enough to Conway or don't condemn the CEO's every decision or utterance as a load of ******** you don't qualify as a true believer.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast