+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hearing aids...

Hearing aids...

C'mon then,who on here wears them?

I've been slowly going deaf in my right ear and it's got quite bad now to the point that it's affecting my balance, originally I just thought that it was old age and having "a fall" but looking into it it's obvious it's down to the deafness,I can't even watch TV without the subtitles on,anyroad what I want to know is are they expensive for a non pensioner? (61)

Divn’t know Chalky, my hearing’s ok, not perfect but acceptable. Been to the GP? May just be wax or an infection?

NHS aids are the ones you see sitting behind the ear with a tube going in. They take a moulding to make sure it fits. You can go private in which case you can spend from quite a few hundred up to thousands. I’ve known folk do that and they’re not happy for one reason or another but you don't know until you try it. Private ones are less obtrusive, just make sure you can get your money back if you try and don't like it.

I've got no chance getting an appointment for my doctor's just to look at my tabs,might have to try somewhere out on the high street but tbh they will probably be out of my price range,my hearing had been going downhill for about a year now and didn't find any ear wax when I first had a look last year,it wouldn't worry so much if it didn't affect my balance every now and again

Boots are good.

I tried a pair of NHS ones but it was like hearing everything through a tinny transistor radio. I paid £1,600 for a pair from Specsavers which are much better. Their 5 year guarantee recently ran out so they’ll probably conk out soon. But if they last me ten years, then I’ve only paid £160 a year for them. Less than 50p a day.

Aye that's the price that been banded about Lemontea after my investigation,can't afford that so I will just have to take up the cheaper option of cupping my hand to my tab and shouting "You what"?

Could be a sign of something else my Father in Law had… have PM’d you… do not take no from the quacks… speak to reception & say you might ring the emergency Dr out.. they get charged for that & also 111 is also an option.. our Dr’s is a nightmare to get into.. Mrs BDB had a problem recently with high blood pressure.. rang Dr no appointments 🤨.. rang 111 & guess what.. got an emergency appointment in the afternoon.. guess where? Yes.. our Dr’s Surgery… apparently they hold appointments & all Dr’s have to 👍

Vertigo.?

No, Father in law has Menieres, awful thing

Having slept on it overnight I've decided that it's DEAFNESS and BDB is just like an old mother hen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)