+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our next 5 games

Our next 5 games

So after yet another dismal and demoralising night, you’ve got to wonder where our next points, win or even goal comes from.

First up its Aberdeen in the Cup on Saturday. I can confidently say here and now without any fear of being proved wrong that we will lose this tie. If I was a betting man I would be putting at least £50 on it, I’m that certain of it. It’s two poor sides but given our dreadful Cup record against top flight sides then this only ends one way. I can see it being another penalty shootout loss after a 0-0 draw.

After that we’ve got Aberdeen(h), Rangers(a), Ross Co.(h) and Dundee(h). I actually think we will get a result against Aberdeen in the league game again, as we often seem to be able to pull something out against them when in poor form. Rangers at Ibrox, well that’s a write off, then it’s two home games against two sides we should be looking to take six points from. However you wouldn’t back this team to beat anyone right now so who knows where we will be come the Dundee home game.

A fair summary, hard to argue with. However, we've seen before with ourselves and others that hopeless causes turn quickly. United fans were just as miserable as us, had won 1 in 11 or something, had just failed to score in 3 hours v Dundee and (10-man) St J, if Goss' shot was 6 inches lower yesterday they're getting booed at home within a minute and we're comfortable in fourth.

The cup offers the chance of a reset. Alexander mentioned earlier that our previous bad run ended with a full and frank exchange of views in the dressing room producing the decision to be more positive in matches. He desperately needs something similar but I'm not convinced we'll get it and instead we'll bumble along till someone chucks us one.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)