+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Accrington

Accrington

In my opinion, we have to play 5-3-2 to give us some stability at the back. I also believe that Porter or Sambou must be the point of our attack with Long in support. We have 2 good wing-backs that can cross so there should be at least one player who can use his head (in more ways than one!) If Robertson is eligible, the he should definitely start. He, Lowery and Harper should present a decent midfield.
    I have nothing to say about the goalkeeper as neither of the options inspire confidence, so it's swings and roundabouts. Jaskalainen's 11 minute horror show was at odds with the first 45 of the last game. It was good to see him using his hands against crosses in that half.
    Anyway..prediction? I'm going for a 1-1 draw.
    (I also predict that 'another poster' will suggest a defeat by 4 or 5 goals!&#128521

Apparently they are a team of giants so no doubt that we will be bullied out of the game. I wish that I had your faith Gazan. I see no further than a 0-2 defeat. Not bothering to go, I saw enough at my last away game at Burton where Richards had a nightmare and it sounds like he will be back in the team tomorrow. It sounds like I want it to happen which I don't, I just feel that it is inevitable. I hope that I am eating humble pie at 5.00 tomorrow but doubt it.

What I saw for 30 minutes on Tuesday was was really gratifying. However, the rest of the match swung on a nightmare 11 minutes. I don't assume the latter will happen every game. However, I stick by my hope that a 5-3-2 system is reintroduced as I don't yet have confidence in Sass-Davis within back 4. This does mean that Agyei will have to drop to the bench as I'm convinced that he was one of the main culprits who stopped running on Tuesday. Hopefully Harper will be a bit fitter tomorrow and can finish the game.
    Whatever, Griffiths is not yet ready, Ainley and Finney are past redemption now and I don't know what's happened to Lundstram who seemed quite a bright spark at the beginning of the season. We also need to know more about Williams's illness. He's been out for a month. He's either got glandular fever which is nothing to cover up or he's got a case of Owendaleitis.

Pretty much in agreement with your last post Gazan, more or less my thought aswell. The last interview with Artell revealed that Zak Williams has started training again I think yesterday, good news.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    What I saw for 30 minutes on Tuesday was was really gratifying. However, the rest of the match swung on a nightmare 11 minutes. I don't assume the latter will happen every game. However, I stick by my hope that a 5-3-2 system is reintroduced as I don't yet have confidence in Sass-Davis within back 4. This does mean that Agyei will have to drop to the bench as I'm convinced that he was one of the main culprits who stopped running on Tuesday. Hopefully Harper will be a bit fitter tomorrow and can finish the game.
    Whatever, Griffiths is not yet ready, Ainley and Finney are past redemption now and I don't know what's happened to Lundstram who seemed quite a bright spark at the beginning of the season. We also need to know more about Williams's illness. He's been out for a month. He's either got glandular fever which is nothing to cover up or he's got a case of Owendaleitis.
    I was less impressed on Tuesday all I saw is one player Harper pulling all the strings once Plymouth sorted that out we looked crap. I’m afraid even with the 5 new lads of which 2 of them are good the other 3 add to the average crap we already have, even Lowrey is being dragged down to the non league standards the rest of them achieve. I’m afraid the club cannot afford the players we needed to seriously improve the team in the way that was required. All I can see tomorrow is Stanley driving another nail into our already nail ladened coffin and a comfortable 3-0 win for them.

I am surprised you think that either Alebiosu or Uwakwe were not, to a degree, impressive. If we have Porter in the side I can see either of these supplying assists.

Oops! No Lowery. Is that an injury or 'other reasons'? No Sass-Davis either. But we do have a back 5. Griffiths no substitute for Lowery. Can Harper and Robertson compensate?

Oops! No Lowery. Is that an injury or 'other reasons'? No Sass-Davis either. But we do have a back 5. Griffiths no substitute for Lowery. Can Harper and Robertson compensate?
    Strange no Lowery as no previous mention on the club web site that he was injured. In addition, Long is named on the bench and I thought he was a certainty based on his recent play. With us regularly shipping goals well above average in this league and scoring well below average it regrettably points to another loss being possibly 3-0.

In my opinion, we have to play 5-3-2 to give us some stability at the back. I also believe that Porter or Sambou must be the point of our attack with Long in support. We have 2 good wing-backs that can cross so there should be at least one player who can use his head (in more ways than one!) If Robertson is eligible, the he should definitely start. He, Lowery and Harper should present a decent midfield.
    I have nothing to say about the goalkeeper as neither of the options inspire confidence, so it's swings and roundabouts. Jaskalainen's 11 minute horror show was at odds with the first 45 of the last game. It was good to see him using his hands against crosses in that half.
    Anyway..prediction? I'm going for a 1-1 draw.
    (I also predict that 'another poster' will suggest a defeat by 4 or 5 goals!��)
    And I would have been right , everybody still think that clown should be manager ?