+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Burnley v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Eight players on that list have all played international football sinkov and without even bothering to fact find, they will have racked up easily 1000 games in the EPL between them.

Ronaldo is now 37 and playing, so I'm sure most of our set of crocked pensioners can handle another 3 or 4 years before they decide to quit, don't you?
    The thing is imo if we’re going down it’s a big difference in quality and pace so there are an odd one or two that could maybe do a job for us as part of a squad ( not saying they’d start every week ).

Truthfully a few of the names are going to the level they s be playing at - as for the Ronaldo analogy - Ashley Barnes - JBG or Ronaldo it’s not really a hard choice is it.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    The thing is imo if we’re going down it’s a big difference in quality and pace so there are an odd one or two that could maybe do a job for us as part of a squad ( not saying they’d start every week ).

Truthfully a few of the names are going to the level they s be playing at - as for the Ronaldo analogy - Ashley Barnes - JBG or Ronaldo it’s not really a hard choice is it.
    I was not claiming our lot are better than Ronaldo, I'm just alluding to the fact elite professional footballers are not ready for the knackers yard at 30.

I was not claiming our lot are better than Ronaldo, I'm just alluding to the fact elite professional footballers are not ready for the knackers yard at 30.
    Neither are they as effective as elite professional footballers at 25-28, and if you overload your squad with them, which is what we have done, you end up bottom of the league, which is where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Neither are they as effective as elite professional footballers at 25-28, and if you overload your squad with them, which is what we have done, you end up bottom of the league, which is where we are.
    Without writing an essay to justify a response, I seriously think you are talking bollox sinkov...

https://www.famousbirthdays.com/age/...endoza%2021%20
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 14-02-2022 at 08:17 PM.

Eight players on that list have all played international football sinkov and without even bothering to fact find, they will have racked up easily 1000 games in the EPL between them.

Ronaldo is now 37 and playing, so I'm sure most of our set of crocked pensioners can handle another 3 or 4 years before they decide to quit, don't you?
    I'll have a little bet with you BT, if you like, I say those 8 internationals on that list, who have played over 1000 PL games between them, are so far past their sell by date, so mediocre, so not good enough any more, that they will get us relegated.

What say you mon ami ?

I'll have a little bet with you BT, if you like, I say those 8 internationals on that list, who have played over 1000 PL games between them, are so far past their sell by date, so mediocre, so not good enough any more, that they will get us relegated.

What say you mon ami ?
    The plain and simple truth sinkov is Garlick's refusal to improve on the likes of Lowton, Long, Gudmundsson, Barnes, Westwood and Cork during his tenure has left us in the $hit.

Pace brought in Roberts (not sure if he is an improvement on Lowton), Collins (who will replace Tarkowski), Cornet (who is still not "Dyche Fit" by the way, according to Dyche), Weghorst (because we had too), but at least the Yank is trying, which is more than can be ever said for Garlick.

The appointment and ultimate failure of Mike Rigg has cast a long shadow over this squad, a lack of investment and buying the likes of Dale Stephens is the reason we are going to be relegated, and not your age related concerns of the birth years of players such as Jay Rod, Bardsley and Pieters.

Pieters by the way, let Salah out of his pocket as he was leaving the field of play on Sunday teatime.

The plain and simple truth sinkov is Garlick's refusal to improve on the likes of Lowton, Long, Gudmundsson, Barnes, Westwood and Cork during his tenure has left us in the $hit.

Pace brought in Roberts (not sure if he is an improvement on Lowton), Collins (who will replace Tarkowski), Cornet (who is still not "Dyche Fit" by the way, according to Dyche), Weghorst (because we had too), but at least the Yank is trying, which is more than can be ever said for Garlick.

The appointment and ultimate failure of Mike Rigg has cast a long shadow over this squad, a lack of investment and buying the likes of Dale Stephens is the reason we are going to be relegated, and not your age related concerns of the birth years of players such as Jay Rod, Bardsley and Pieters.

Pieters by the way, let Salah out of his pocket as he was leaving the field of play on Sunday teatime.
    To be fair BT , until this season most people even not clarets would have said we’d survive yes we’ve flirted with the bottom 3 but always look good enough to escape.

The point behind that was the Americans are being forced to buy as we simply aren’t good enough as a squad. ( forced being the operative word ).

So what you're saying is BT,

'The plain and simple truth sinkov is Garlick's refusal to improve on the likes of Lowton, Long, Gudmundsson, Barnes, Westwood and Cork during his tenure has left us with a squad of ageing mediocrities.'

Which is exactly what I was saying isn't it ?

So what you're saying is BT,

'The plain and simple truth sinkov is Garlick's refusal to improve on the likes of Lowton, Long, Gudmundsson, Barnes, Westwood and Cork during his tenure has left us in the $hit"!

Which is exactly what I was saying isn't it ?
    I'm going to have to send you back to school to learn to read again mon ami.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)