+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NUFC vs Villa

Massive win dug in superbly Burn and Schar together were fantastic Fraser and Willock worked non stop sad to say Wood is awful though never looks like scoring. Nice gap between the bottom three now first time this season i feel we will stay up.

Clean sheet is pleasing. Nice results against West Ham and Brentford in the next 2 then we can start looking up the table instead of down - 4 points is realistic. 👍

Wood was awful. But he will score. Didn't do as much bullying as he needed to this week or did last match. But he will come good. Should have slipped the ball through to Fraser but I think he's under pressure to score and is rushing chances or too slow to arrive for the chance.

This game was a grind. But we competed for most of the match and were the clearly better team first half.

The game flipped completely when Trippier sat down :-(

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Wood was awful. But he will score. Didn't do as much bullying as he needed to this week or did last match. But he will come good. Should have slipped the ball through to Fraser but I think he's under pressure to score and is rushing chances or too slow to arrive for the chance.

This game was a grind. But we competed for most of the match and were the clearly better team first half.

The game flipped completely when Trippier sat down :-(
    I’m dying to see Wood score. I think that’s all he needs to get his confidence. I hope he’s putting the effort in in training because you have to work hard to get out of a rut.

Just back...get in!!! My word, I've missed going to the Match.

Read through the comments and was quite surprised because I thought they'd been the better team in the first half, too. Live, Trippier looks excellent, Burn looked very good and Wood looked very bad indeed. Villa will look back and wonder how they haven't got anything out of that because they were all over us for a lot of the second half. Having said that, I thought our defence did very well because they didn't really have any absolute clear-cut chances.

Incidentally, what is it with medical emergencies? They seem to be happening all the time. Hope whoever was taken ill is ok, though. There seemed to be one near the South East corner, too, near the end-even a couple of their players were pointing it out but the ref played on. Anyone know anything?

Guy took ill in the Milburn, my father in law was close by, said the staff got him out very quickly and medic on hand, seemed not too serious he said

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    Lascelles ill apparently, he had a canny game on Tuesday aside from the o.g.
    Although it will show as an og, in reality the guy couldn’t get out of the way, it hit him in the chest, not his fault IMO. He was outstanding against Everton and should get the credit when it’s due.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Just back...get in!!! My word, I've missed going to the Match.

Read through the comments and was quite surprised because I thought they'd been the better team in the first half, too. Live, Trippier looks excellent, Burn looked very good and Wood looked very bad indeed. Villa will look back and wonder how they haven't got anything out of that because they were all over us for a lot of the second half. Having said that, I thought our defence did very well because they didn't really have any absolute clear-cut chances.

Incidentally, what is it with medical emergencies? They seem to be happening all the time. Hope whoever was taken ill is ok, though. There seemed to be one near the South East corner, too, near the end-even a couple of their players were pointing it out but the ref played on. Anyone know anything?
    Guy in the gallowgate had a fit.

taken to hospital is home now

Cheers, J. Glad he's ok.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)