+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I must admit it's not a term I'm overly familiar with so I looked it up in the Urban Dictionary, and it was quite an education. There are some widely varying descriptions of what it can mean, but these three amused me:

Following a car too closely with your miniature pickup truck while blasting Eminem on the stereo; a form of overcompensation for economic failure and small genitalia.

Following a man around a locker room while being nude and having a boner, Hoping that he'll get mad, and "slam on his brakes " so you can make your move on his anus.

The act of following someone too closely in order to checkout their butt.

There are plenty of others that are a bit too s exually explicit to put on here, but not a lot of it appealed to me!

Edit - link added to prove I haven't made it up:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...erm=Tailgating
    Too funny EP. Will you be partaking in said tailgating?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Too funny EP. Will you be partaking in said tailgating?
    Not really my thing, I'll leave the tailgating to laddo!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Classic urban dictionary lol.

To get you back on topic, Try typing the word and add one of the following:

Party
    American football
    Football
    NFL
    SEC

That should help perk your interest a little and you would struggle to be impressed the more you read.

You are quite right. The more I read, the more I struggled to be impressed.

At least I got you back on sports.

You are probably right best sticking to your comfort zone of watching training sessions from your balcony in the Algarve.

Bar an injury time/last minute Notts winner away from home, tailgating may be my favourite thing linked to sports.

Bar an injury time/last minute Notts winner away from home, tailgating may be my favourite thing linked to sports.
    The car park definition or the locker room definition?

I'll stick with the beer tent at Cheltenham.

So you didn't add in any of those suggested word to get you back on course. Well as they say you can take a horse to water.....

The beer tents of Cheltenham are good.

Be careful Elite, although often amusing and certainly enlightening the Urban Dictionary can be a dangerous thing to quote#streetlife

Was at the Heat v Pistons a few week back (NBA) have to say they now to put on a whole experience and not just a game,

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Was at the Heat v Pistons a few week back (NBA) have to say they now to put on a whole experience and not just a game,
    Yup, Americans have nailed that side of things a long time ago for all sports. Everyone else was and is still playing catch up. The 'whole experience' has to be seen and felt in person , on TV doesn't do it any justice.

Yup, Americans have nailed that side of things a long time ago for all sports. Everyone else was and is still playing catch up. The 'whole experience' has to be seen and felt in person , on TV doesn't do it any justice.
    To be fair, most of their sports need to make it an experience to fill the gaps between the actual sport where the timeouts and commercial breaks are ongoing.

I watch Redzone every Sunday during the season but watching an individual game is never as entertaining to me. Redzone is a bit like Match of the day, but as the games kick off live it would show you a promising attack from Arsenal, then when it goes out for a goal kick they switch to show you Southampton with a free kick on the edge of the box, then over to Burnley for a corner... For 7 hours, without any advert breaks. It wouldn't really work in our football as it's not as stop start or obvious when someone could be about to score, but its certainly the best way to watch the NFL

Agree Del, but not only during games but the experience pre game is so well tuned. To some it's more important than the game#winthetailgate

Redzone is delicious and only gets better as you get close to end of the game. Even better if you have bet on the games, and every play/highlight matters.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast