+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next season's squad?

Question Next season's squad?

Go on indulge me, who should we sell, keep, buy or offer contract extensions too?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Go on indulge me, who should we sell, keep, buy or offer contract extensions too?
    An impossible question imo BT, we can decide what's best from a playing point of view, but Pace will simply be looking to cut the wage bill, so who knows what we'll end up with.

I suppose it depends which League we are in next Season. If it is the Championship it may well be case of who wants to stay!

Pace has got quite a balancing act to do here.

He needs the club to be solvent and be able to pay the wages and gas bill etc, but he also needs to raise the thick end of £100 million to settle ALK's debts.

I suggest McNeil and Pope will be sold to the highest bidders and he will work with SD to form a squad good enough to win the Championship.

Frankly, I think SD can achieve that with one arm tied behind his back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Pace has got quite a balancing act to do here.

He needs the club to be solvent and be able to pay the wages and gas bill etc, but he also needs to raise the thick end of £100 million to settle ALK's debts.

I suggest McNeil and Pope will be sold to the highest bidders and he will work with SD to form a squad good enough to win the Championship.

Frankly, I think SD can achieve that with one arm tied behind his back.
    We’d better have a major overall if we’re winning it with a hand behind his back - personally I don’t think he’ll stay if we’re down as the yanks will sack him

Why would the Yanks sack him when he’s proved in the past ,that he’s capable of achieving success first time round, like he’s done in the past ?

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Why would the Yanks sack him when he’s proved in the past ,that he’s capable of achieving success first time round, like he’s done in the past ?
    Let’s see how many games we win and then look at it.
    I have a feeling that the Americans won’t stay patient forever.

I appreciate your in the everything he’s done for us camp affords him more time, for me it’s just a matter of time before it goes sour.

I’m a Dyche appreciater for what he’s done for us , just not sure we’re progressing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Let’s see how many games we win and then look at it.
    I have a feeling that the Americans won’t stay patient forever.

I appreciate your in the everything he’s done for us camp affords him more time, for me it’s just a matter of time before it goes sour.

I’m a Dyche appreciater for what he’s done for us , just not sure we’re progressing anymore.
    My one genuine complaint with Dyche is why did he comply with Garlick's paucity? He should have either forced squad strengthening or walked IMHO.

It's not that long since Dyche signed his current contract for 4 years taking him to Sept '25 so I doubt they'd sack him, t'would cost too much, however "Burnley boss Sean Dyche has reportedly retained a clause in his new Clarets contract allowing him to speak to other Premier League clubs if a compensation fee is paid."

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    It's not that long since Dyche signed his current contract for 4 years taking him to Sept '25 so I doubt they'd sack him, t'would cost too much, however "Burnley boss Sean Dyche has reportedly retained a clause in his new Clarets contract allowing him to speak to other Premier League clubs if a compensation fee is paid."
    With two relegations on his CV and being well noted for his 4-4-2 or nothing stance, I'm not sure the offers will fill Pace's post box.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)