+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have we turned the corner?

Have we turned the corner?

Reports on skysports news last night suggest all 3 parties have been advised to tender their bids, all creditors have been satisfied and we are informing the EFL we will be coming out of administration at the end of next week Proof of funding until the end of the season are also being submitted, thus allowing the transfer embargo to be lifted
    Wazza now has until 24th March to get free agents in, of which I believe he has talked to players willing to get us over the line.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...forward-offers

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Reports on skysports news last night suggest all 3 parties have been advised to tender their bids, all creditors have been satisfied and we are informing the EFL we will be coming out of administration at the end of next week Proof of funding until the end of the season are also being submitted, thus allowing the transfer embargo to be lifted
    Wazza now has until 24th March to get free agents in, of which I believe he has talked to players willing to get us over the line.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...forward-offers
    But something doesn't sit right with that statement.
    A few weeks ago the administrators announced they had received formal bids from the three bidders.... Yet now they have written to them today asking for formal bids.... Interesting timing considering the announcements from the EFL....

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    A few weeks ago the administrators announced they had received formal bids from the three bidders.... Yet now they have written to them today asking for formal bids.... Interesting timing considering the announcements from the EFL....
    You mean that kerfuffed up organisation that has now decided to bring in a rule outlawing something they found us guilty of months ago?

This new rule makes a mockery of their case against DCFC and also that of Boro and WWFC.

That would be amazing.... but I'm not getting excited until it's signed and sealed!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    You mean that kerfuffed up organisation that has now decided to bring in a rule outlawing something they found us guilty of months ago?

This new rule makes a mockery of their case against DCFC and also that of Boro and WWFC.
    Whatever the reason Maddy, I was saying the whole communication of events just doesn't make sense?

This isn’t TopsyAnd Tim tricky, it’s a complex deal, all sorts may have changed that we the plebs aren’t aware of, the dynamics between the bidders might be a factor, other clubs sharking the bidders with their own pleas for investment etc. These people might be well heeled that me or even you but they are still a) hungry for a bargain and b) keen not to pick up the **** end of a stick

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    That would be amazing.... but I'm not getting excited until it's signed and sealed!
    Agreed.

Not sure if I’m being paranoid but it now seems someone is out to get us one way or another.
    Progress appears to be made but it never seems to translate to us taking the next step.
    We’ve got eight matches to play before 24th March and just seven between then and the end of the season. Settlement seems to be taking an eternity and the sooner we can get some reinforcements, however temporary, then we obviously have an increased chance of avoiding the drop.

P.S. No idea who ‘Topsy and Tim’ are but surely serious potential buyers should be as interested in doing a deal that improves our chances of staying up as we are. Would they prefer to own a Championship side or a League One side? Not that hard is it?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 18-02-2022 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    This isn’t TopsyAnd Tim tricky, it’s a complex deal, all sorts may have changed that we the plebs aren’t aware of, the dynamics between the bidders might be a factor, other clubs sharking the bidders with their own pleas for investment etc. These people might be well heeled that me or even you but they are still a) hungry for a bargain and b) keen not to pick up the **** end of a stick
    I never said I understood it. Just said it din't make sense. But I get your point Andy.
    I suppose like everyone else, I'm just confused by what the EFL and administrators release.
    One minute its imminent, the next its doomsday. Then they repeat something said ages ago?

Oh dear Thicky do you see conspiracy in everything? What is so difficult to understand about this? Up until now, any interested parties will have given bids, but most likely with qualifications. The qualifications we know about were the claims from Boro and Wycombe, but there may well be others such as ownership or lease of the ground, training ground etc.

From what is being said now and remember we are not privy to all the details in a complex case like this, is an invitation for the interested parties to make their best and final offers. in other words its time to put up or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Oh dear Thicky do you see conspiracy in everything? What is so difficult to understand about this? Up until now, any interested parties will have given bids, but most likely with qualifications. The qualifications we know about were the claims from Boro and Wycombe, but there may well be others such as ownership or lease of the ground, training ground etc.

From what is being said now and remember we are not privy to all the details in a complex case like this, is an invitation for the interested parties to make their best and final offers. in other words its time to put up or shut up.
    Oh look, my ignore button has been bypassed again.

Liar, liar pants on fire.
    Plank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)