+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dee4Life membership

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Let's see how McGhee and Rusk work out. Remember the fuss that the appointment of Bomber caused. That never died down did it. The only non controversial appointment in recent years has been Hartley. DFCSS can't expect a role as part of the Football side but surely they could be pulled in to help with fan relations and PR.
    Dee Promtions never gets much of a mention in the Forums. That has always puzzled me because I would have thought that there were common interests for both DFCSS and Dee Promotions. A bigger membership for DFCSS should hopefully mean more customers for Dee Promotions fund raising activities.
    Maybe if DFC can't see a way to pull everyone together there might be merit in trying to get all the people who run these groups to have a meeting and just agree among themselves how they want to act?
    People power seems to work in all sorts of ways nowadays. Why do we have to have DFC as part of any decision making process. Might it be better to get a plan, work out who does what and present it to DFC.
    1893 Foundation is terrific for DFC. Is there a way to build it up? There are comments that the money is going into a black hole. That impression could be easily countered by identifying specific expenditures which have been or will be paid for by the 1893 Foundation. Building up a rainy day fund seems to be to ambitious a project, imo, but helping to improve Dens seems worthwhile, and helping to buy back Dens might be achievable.
    All starts and ends with Nelms I'm afraid.

Until he starts communicating then it all seems rather pointless.

The more i see that press conference, the more I think it's all a chore to him.

If there was a painless way of the parting of the ways between DfC and FPS now I think the majority would take it.

I don't see how that can be achieved.

In my own pretty amateurish way I've been saying and posting "what if" for a number of years .......I don't think "what if" is that far off now.

I'm not a member of the society (as I've said not sure what their aims are), stopped contributing to the foundation when DFC started taking the knee and not had a season tic since the Dodds fiasco.

Still going but more because I enjoy the company of the people I go with as much as strong feelings for the club and sheer pig headedness re the Scottish cup.😜

We are a bit of a rudderless ship and have been for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Let's see how McGhee and Rusk work out. Remember the fuss that the appointment of Bomber caused. That never died down did it. The only non controversial appointment in recent years has been Hartley. DFCSS can't expect a role as part of the Football side but surely they could be pulled in to help with fan relations and PR.
    Dee Promtions never gets much of a mention in the Forums. That has always puzzled me because I would have thought that there were common interests for both DFCSS and Dee Promotions. A bigger membership for DFCSS should hopefully mean more customers for Dee Promotions fund raising activities.
    Maybe if DFC can't see a way to pull everyone together there might be merit in trying to get all the people who run these groups to have a meeting and just agree among themselves how they want to act?
    People power seems to work in all sorts of ways nowadays. Why do we have to have DFC as part of any decision making process. Might it be better to get a plan, work out who does what and present it to DFC.
    1893 Foundation is terrific for DFC. Is there a way to build it up? There are comments that the money is going into a black hole. That impression could be easily countered by identifying specific expenditures which have been or will be paid for by the 1893 Foundation. Building up a rainy day fund seems to be to ambitious a project, imo, but helping to improve Dens seems worthwhile, and helping to buy back Dens might be achievable.
    regarding buying back dens, FPS are not interested, if they were it would have been done by now.
    not sure what the terms of the lease are,[islay would know } , but if FPS were to walk away now, we would be homeless, and all the
    supporters groups combined, would not have enough funds to pay for lawyers, never mind DENS.
    Only hope is that JOHN BENNET has been a shining light regarding the renting of DENS PARK.

As i said previously, FPS want to run Dundee Football Club as they see fit, without any supporters consultation, or information to all of us that support the DEES.

Thanks to everyone who replied, hopefully those at Dee4Life can put your feedback to good use.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I’d have no problem paying £5 to join and even donate regularly, like I do with the foundation, but I’d like to know my money wasn’t being used to build bridges that were never broken, or held in a bank account for a rainy day that’s never came
    Where's your Foundation money going? Youth policy? Ground improvements? Player salaries? John Nelms' salary? Poxy badge and scarf?

Nobody knows but people are happy to give the cash to John Nelms to do with as he pleases. What's the difference between that and giving it to DFCSS to distribute between the club, for valid spends that matter to fans, and a fund to potentially protect the club should anything disastrous happen?

The only way forward is any supporters groups or the foundation now need to bank all donations and not give a penny to the club until Nelms starts communicating. I probably like many are worried if the yanks walk what is the alternative, I think it's time to look into any fan owned like Motherwell.
    Do we have a board?
    Do they meet?
    Is it a one man show?
    Fans are fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    The only way forward is any supporters groups or the foundation now need to bank all donations and not give a penny to the club until Nelms starts communicating. I probably like many are worried if the yanks walk what is the alternative, I think it's time to look into any fan owned like Motherwell.
    Do we have a board?
    Do they meet?
    Is it a one man show?
    Fans are fed up.
    Unfortunately the 1893 Foundation members cannot stop their money going into the club’s bank account unless they cancel their Go Cardless direct debit.
    We were previously fan owned and that was not popular.
    The last time I checked the Motherwell FC annual accounts the Well Trust owned 58% of the shares and the money raised annually by the Well Trust members goes directly to the working capital of Motherwell Football Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Where's your Foundation money going? Youth policy? Ground improvements? Player salaries? John Nelms' salary? Poxy badge and scarf?

Nobody knows but people are happy to give the cash to John Nelms to do with as he pleases. What's the difference between that and giving it to DFCSS to distribute between the club, for valid spends that matter to fans, and a fund to potentially protect the club should anything disastrous happen?
    I agree fully with everything that you say.
    I have never been a member of the 1893 Foundation for the simple reason that I am not happy that my money could be squandered on anything.
    In my opinion like other clubs which have similar fans fund raising schemes it should have been stated from the outset where the funds donated by the members of the 1893 Foundation was earmarked to be spent.
    Over three years ago I carried out a bit of research on fans fundraising schemes after information about the AberDNA scheme was posted on another forum.
    One of the best fans fundraising schemes I discovered is the Ayr United AU500 fans fundraising scheme which allows people to make monthly and one off donations to it with the Bank Sorting Code, Account Number and the Name of the Account listed on the Ayr United Football Club website.
    Pre Covid it was stated that funds donated to the AU500 account would be added to the manager’s playing budget.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Do we have a board?
    Do they meet?
    Is it a one man show?
    Fans are fed up.
    Dundee Football Club have a board of directors which I believe meets three times per year.
    I do not know if it is a one man show.
    Perhaps a previous DFCSS Primary representative on the DFC board of directors would know if it is a one man show.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    regarding buying back dens, FPS are not interested, if they were it would have been done by now.
    not sure what the terms of the lease are,[islay would know } , but if FPS were to walk away now, we would be homeless, and all the
    supporters groups combined, would not have enough funds to pay for lawyers, never mind DENS.
    Only hope is that JOHN BENNET has been a shining light regarding the renting of DENS PARK.

As i said previously, FPS want to run Dundee Football Club as they see fit, without any supporters consultation, or information to all of us that support the DEES.
    I do not know the terms of the lease but according to the Dundee Football Club Limited annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2020 £1,147,804 is due to be paid until the end of the lease.
    £78,000 was paid in rent to Sandeman Properties Limited in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

Foundation money is being used to pay for things that DFC would normally gave to pay for so it’s going direct into the club, why do people pick up on Nelms wages, he’s probably one of the lower paid CEO’s in the SPL, like I said I didn’t like seeing my money squandered, what happened to Shaded’s £45k from the flag, where did that go

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)