+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dee4Life membership

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Defo not too much to ask Scott.

I think the yanks have so far failed to deliver on just about everything bar the funding of the club.

Leaving Dens to become wandering gypsies gives me the fear, moving across the road is the beginning of the end and I don't think A shares will save the club if that came to pass.

We need someone with a bit of charisma, charm, the hide of rhino 🦏 and the negotiating skills of Alan Sugar.

If such a person existed I think we would know about him/her/it/they/she/he by now.

It must be so frustrating for those in the society board to continually try and communicate with FPS and be stonewalled or ignored......it shouldn't stop them putting forward their "vision' of how they see things.

I don't think they need to win an argument with Nelms, to me it looks like they have the high moral ground but maybe just maybe shouldn't remind everyone (no matter how tempting) that Nelms is the bogeyman.

They should be trying to win the root and branch fan over.

Hope that makes sense .....I'm so frustrated and worried about the club.
    They should be trying to win the root and branch fan over. Best suggestion yet,imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think you have got to the core of the problem. The society were the owners and they sold to FPS a controlling interest. As a result of that, the society carried out a survey of its members and I think found out that guarding the A shares was very important.
    From everyone I have spoken to and met through The society it is very very clear that all they want to do is help the club.
    I think they could help all the different parts of the club but it needs some form of structure within the club to take things forward.
    You would think the commercial department for example, would love to be able to turn to all the fans groups to boost commercial activities.
    I see the society as being more involved with doing things to help the club rather than competing with Dee Promotions or 1893 Foundation or the club's Commercial department who are all trying to raise funds

I have to say that I don’t think building up a big cash reserve is needed. I think the 1893 Foundation approach of giving money directly to the club is an excellent way for fans to support the club. A bit of good record keeping that showed how the funds had been spent would raise the profile of the 1893 Foundation and keep members supporting it.

It isn’t much but it absolutely needs a change of mind from John Nelms. He could have two Dundee daft people on his board trying to help him and the club to cope with the issues like communication.
    All it needs is a recognition that perhaps there are things that could be handled better by the board and just like deciding to change the manager the board could decide to change the way they manage their relationship with the fans at little or no cost to the club.
    It isn't a 3 year or 5 year plan but it would represent a big change in how our club tries to get everyone inside the circle of trust. Just watched Meet the Parents and how Robert Di Nero looked after his family!
    I noticed on Pravda that wattie rogas isn't in the loop anymore re the foundation and the other guy has stepped aside due to other commitments.

Foundation was good when COVID was on the go, got money directly into the club's coffers.. now that everyone bar Herr Sturgeon and few mad scientists think the worst of COVID is over it's probably time to look at what fans are getting for their dosh

But I'll say again instead of a tit for tat kinda thing between the society and Nelms the society should present its own vision.

Put it out there and see what fans think, proactive rather than reactive to what FPS may or may not do or whether Nelms will grant an audience or not.

At the moment we are all in limbo, by putting forward their own proposals we may end up with a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I do not know the terms of the lease but according to the Dundee Football Club Limited annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2020 £1,147,804 is due to be paid until the end of the lease.
    £78,000 was paid in rent to Sandeman Properties Limited in 2020.
    And who agreed to these ridiculous terms? DFCSS? It was definitely the fans owned business model director’s.

In January 2020 FPS offered £8,000 later increased to £10,000 for all the A shares held by DFCSS which was rejected by the DFCSS members in a vote. From memory all the DFCSS members received an email asking them if they were in favour of selling all the A shares to FPS for £8k later increased to £10k or not.
    Only DFCSS members who paid their annual membership fee of £5 were entitled to take part in the vote.
    FPS also wanted to reduce the number of DFCSS representatives on the board of directors of Dundee Football Club Limited under the entrenched rights from two to one.
    At the time Bob Hynd was the DFCSS Secondary representative on the DFC Limited board of directors. Therefore FPS were in my opinion intending to get rid of the Primary representative which under the rules of the entrenched rights of the A shares they must accept the person nominated by the DFCSS board of directors.
    That proposal was also rejected.
    How much are the shares worth?

It is difficult to obtain the information about the salary of Chief Executive’s of Scottish Premier League football clubs from their annual accounts listed on the Companies House website unless they are also a director of the club.
    Scott Gardiner’s annual salary was never stated in the Dundee Football Club Limited annual accounts as he was only the Chief Executive.
    Please explain what you mean about the ‘rest of the money’.
    Why should anyone know what JN earns. Did your customers know what you earned at the bank?

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    How much are the shares worth?
    The A shares held by DFCSS are worth £208,916 based on the 1.35p per share that Football Partners Scotland L.P. use for their ‘debt for equity’ share transactions.

And who agreed to these ridiculous terms? DFCSS? It was definitely the fans owned business model director’s.
    That was long before my time.
    I was a £1 member DFCSS at that time.
    I remember reading on another forum that the annual rental payments were low commencing in 2011 and higher at the end of the period of the lease which I think is 2036.
    Are you aware that a DFCSS Director spent about a year of his own time in 2014/15 preparing a business case for the buyback of Dens Park from Sandeman Properties Limited which he then presented to John Nelms.
    However despite what FPS said when they purchased a majority shareholding in Dundee Football Club Limited in August 2013 John Nelms was not interested as FPS would rather continue paying a rent to Sandeman Properties Limited.

The rent , I think is the cumulative amount for the lease until 2036. It works out at about £78k per year. If you knew the capital cost paid for Dens it might be giving a return of 15% on a capital cost of £500k and 10% on a capital cost of £780k. I would not think DFCSS would have any negotiating power at the time of the deal.
    No detailed knowledge of the actual figures, it's just a mathematical calculation.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)