+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Why not just say Rotherham?

Back to Evatt.....one of my customers is a Bolton fan,really nice lady,after we played them earlier in the season her husband said "When did we start playing Rugby ?"
    Apart from the fact we`ve had a Rugby team for years,this was complete boll*cks,and just shows how thick some football fans are,and it`s usually the ones from so called "bigger " teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Back to Evatt.....one of my customers is a Bolton fan,really nice lady,after we played them earlier in the season her husband said "When did we start playing Rugby ?"
    Apart from the fact we`ve had a Rugby team for years,this was complete boll*cks,and just shows how thick some football fans are,and it`s usually the ones from so called "bigger " teams.
    Makes you wonder if they watch the games or just go off what managers, media and sky sports say

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Makes you wonder if they watch the games or just go off what managers, media and sky sports say
    It's just confirmation bias. Lazy but everyone does it, including us with other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post

I noticed that Jack Wilshere is struggling to find a perm deal anywhere.
    Just signed for Aarhus Gymnastikforening in Denmark until the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    Just signed for Aarhus Gymnastikforening in Denmark until the end of the season.
    Yes it was put on the free agent thread a few days ago
    It’s just til the end of the season though as you say and No club seems to want to offer him a longer deal which might be due to his wage demands

Hes allegedly on £5 a week so that’s roughly a nice £50k come May

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Hes allegedly on £5 a week so that’s roughly a nice £50k come May
    About £50 actually

£5k a week might be similar to our budget in cship
    Shared apartment in Wickersley
    Got to be more attractive than playing top flight And living in Danmark
    Pick up the phone Jack, call NYS and ask for Mr P Warne

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Not saying they can't do that or that all stands have to be the same height, the east stand is already lower. And two stands are stepped.

If the north or south stand capacity was increased it would be by installing more rows at back within the same footprint, the height of the roof would be the same as the west stand (as that is what the stadium design allows), this would go all the way across (otherwise those in stand near the east stand wouldn't be able to stand up) with one drop where it meets the east stand.
    Miller.....i was looking at what you said today when i went to the shop, and sorry to disappoint you but the seats go to the back now. To get another 2000 seats in it would have to be built as an overhanging structure. Another 2000 seats is nearly the same as what in now so it's just not possible to do what you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Miller.....i was looking at what you said today when i went to the shop, and sorry to disappoint you but the seats go to the back now. To get another 2000 seats in it would have to be built as an overhanging structure. Another 2000 seats is nearly the same as what in now so it's just not possible to do what you suggest.
    Sorry, to disapoint but I'm not too disappointed to be fair.

I like most here don't know what it would look like as we've not seen the plans. If you have please share.

Based on the info we have, they said that changes to the current ground would take a few months, so I doubt they would make significant changes to the current layout.

Nothing has been mentioned before about 2nd tiers to north or south stand, only the east. So, it is most likely they would extend the seats up/back.

I did look again last night. There is the current boxed off area at the back on the north and south stands, behind the back row of the seats. This is easier to see if you look up from below from the concourse. It just has the steels, no concrete steps. This might take another 4-5 rows (but hard to tell), so including the NE corner and SW corners, this would only add about 1000 seats to each stand. But, would need another 9-10 rows to the current stands to make the 2000 seats for North and South stand (including the corners), meaning it would overhang at the back.

Though, as I said above I've not seen any plans or designs of the options.
    Last edited by fc_miller; 23-02-2022 at 09:05 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast