+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheep away in that absolute shyte tip.

Sheep away in that absolute shyte tip.

No gonna put up my team of choice but similar to Sunday v The Rangers will suffice.I have heard that footballing royalty will be present with the unveiling of the Sir Alex Ferguson statue which is well deserved as he along with Jim McLean broke the Old Firm stranglehold on Scottish Football and fair play to him for the numerous times he took his team to Glasgow and beat them at Ibrox,Parkhead and Hampden.

Sir Alex will be very much at home as much of that decrepit stadium is untouched since his departure to Manchester and i have always found it ironic that The Sheep sing Dundee's a shytehole i want to go home when their stadium is one of the very worst i have visited in Scotland.

I also wonder what the great man will make of Chairman Mad Dave who now runs his once great club?,well none of my business i suppose but its looking like a near sell out as The Sheep flock to reminisce about happier times.

I'm going for 1-0 United as that's as good as it normally gets for us however that will be good enough for me.

Many will disagree with my score prediction as Tam was schooled by that tactical genius Stephen Glass in August but he has moved onto bigger and better things as he tends to Mad Dave's garden in America.

Same team as the weekend but Mcdonald in for Butcher if he's fit.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    That would certainly give us a bit more composure in the midfield,what was wrong with McDonald on Sunday?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    That would certainly give us a bit more composure in the midfield,what was wrong with McDonald on Sunday?.
    A 'minor muscle injury' apparently. McMann similar.

This is going to be a tough one partly because Aberdeen and their fans will be hyped. First home game for new manager Goodwin and Fergie present. A perfect storm we will have to be up for.

Ffs....canny believe I'm saying this but I think Butcher deserves to keep his place on Saturday. Maybe if it was a team at home that we should maybe be beating he could possibly have been taken out for a more creative(lol)player but against the uglies and away to Sheep and both Edinburgh sides having a game spoiler in there who plays more as an advanced centre half than a midfielder isnae a bad thing. Mcdonald could also be a good option in that position too but even though Butcher's distribution v Huns wasn't the greatest he did do a decent job in protecting the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Ffs....canny believe I'm saying this but I think Butcher deserves to keep his place on Saturday. Maybe if it was a team at home that we should maybe be beating he could possibly have been taken out for a more creative(lol)player but against the uglies and away to Sheep and both Edinburgh sides having a game spoiler in there who plays more as an advanced centre half than a midfielder isnae a bad thing. Mcdonald could also be a good option in that position too but even though Butcher's distribution v Huns wasn't the greatest he did do a decent job in protecting the defence.
    Holy phuck! 😂

The lack of someone with any kind of composure in the middle of the park cost us at the weekend. We were inviting attack after attack because we just wanted rid of the ball at times and, as you say, our distribution was horrendous as a result. We won't be under nearly as much pressure against the SSB's, so we need someone with the ability to control the midfield and get us up the park. Butcher is not that person. It's Butcher at centre half or not at all for me, especially when Mcdonald is fit. The boy is light years ahead of Butcher in terms of ability.

The lack of someone with any kind of composure in the middle of the park cost us at the weekend. We were inviting attack after attack because we just wanted rid of the ball at times and, as you say, our distribution was horrendous as a result. We won't be under nearly as much pressure against the SSB's, so we need someone with the ability to control the midfield and get us up the park. Butcher is not that person. It's Butcher at centre half or not at all for me, especially when Mcdonald is fit. The boy is light years ahead of Butcher in terms of ability.
    Thats what happens when you have players like harkes and butch in midfield, levitt is good but he was knackered for the last 20mins and should have been substituted

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)