+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain to me [Jaros vs. Slocombe]

Can someone explain to me [Jaros vs. Slocombe]

How Jaros is better than Sam?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-02-2022 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Clarification of title

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    I've not seen Eli in goal as yet so cannot comment.

Touché

If this is a genuinely open question then a lot of people have suggested that Jaros (and before him Patterson) were both recruited because they were better at playing the ball out from the back, which seems to be an important part of our current system of play.

Personally I don't feel i've seen enough of Jaros yet to judge him fully. I was there on Tuesday and he was at fault for the goal. But keepers do sometimes make mistakes - Slocombe has made a few too this season. Jaros deserves the benefit of doubt for now.

Jaros has made 4 mistakes that have led to goals .. in about 4 games

Slocombe has made far fewer mistakes in a lot more games

Has Jaros made that many mistakes leading to goals already? If that is the case then it's definitely a concern.

Tuesday was the first time i've seen him play, so I was relying on highlights before then. Aside from the goal itself he did fine.

I could have played in goal and not conceded anymore than he did ha. Halifax only had one shot all game!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    I seem to remember Patterson struggling in his first 3 matches. I would say give him time but we're quickly running out of it.

If anything the lack of composure in front of goal by our players lost us 2 point the other night. How many shots do you want, 29 it would seem!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IYc...=NottsCountyFC
    Last edited by OP67; 24-02-2022 at 03:44 PM.

Don't write I'm off within a month of arriving!!#viva. The last player the fans did to is now a bit of a cult hero and impressing in games.

It’s not about writing him off.
    It’s the fact we replaced a player that didn’t need replacing.

We had a steady 7/8 out of 10 each week and have replaced him with someone who hasn’t played better than a 5/10 yet

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast