+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone also explain to me [Brunt vs. Vincent]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can someone also explain to me [Brunt vs. Vincent]

How Brunt is better than Vincent?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-02-2022 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Clarification of title

He’s not Vincent should be one of the first names on the team sheet brunt was a pointless signing would of been better of putting the money towards a centre forward one that scores goals wins headers and can hold the ball up cause we ain’t got one

He was decent at Southend, I think the idea why he came on the other night was to try and unlock them and he was signed as we might get injuries/covid cases, luckily it hasn’t happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    He was decent at Southend, I think the idea why he came on the other night was to try and unlock them and he was signed as we might get injuries/covid cases, luckily it hasn’t happened yet.
    I'm sure Brunt has more in his locker than he's shown us to date, so I've got nothing against him as a young loanee trying to find his feet at the club, but the fact is that Frank Vincent had to work to earn his place in the team, and when he did, he was a major catalyst behind an upturn in form. He really adds energy to the team as well as ability and an eye for goal. He reminds me a tiny bit of Alan Judge.

I don't think Brunt has done anything yet to justify stepping ahead of Vincent in the queue for a first-team place, and even if it was a 50/50 call I'd still pick the player we actually own, rather than developing someone else's player.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'm sure Brunt has more in his locker than he's shown us to date, so I've got nothing against him as a young loanee trying to find his feet at the club, but the fact is that Frank Vincent had to work to earn his place in the team, and when he did, he was a major catalyst behind an upturn in form. He really adds energy to the team as well as ability and an eye for goal. He reminds me a tiny bit of Alan Judge.
    I’m glad you’ve said this because to me not starting with Vincent is mind blowing. In the games I’ve seen Francis brings nothing, and when we were ambling through most of the second half the other night we looked exactly like we did before Vincent got in the side.

As far as I know he’s had one dodgy half against Wealdstone and hasn’t had much of a sniff since.

Agree with both of the last two posts.
    I hope IB doesn't think that going to a back 4 means we have to have two holding mids (who will contribute about 1 goal a season between them). We need Vincent back in the mix

Quote Originally Posted by Nottscounty1 View Post
    He’s not Vincent should be one of the first names on the team sheet brunt was a pointless signing would of been better of putting the money towards a centre forward one that scores goals wins headers and can hold the ball up cause we ain’t got one
    This!

Maybe it's written into his loan contract that he has to play so many games...otherwise I don't think he deserves to be in the team ahead of Vincent..

I'm already looking forward to the 3rd "Can someone explain to me"

It could become a regular series on here with thought provoking questions to encourage good healthy NCFC debate.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I'm already looking forward to the 3rd "Can someone explain to me"

It could become a regular series on here with thought provoking questions to encourage good healthy NCFC debate.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast