+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can someone also explain to me [Brunt vs. Vincent]

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    How Brunt is better than Vincent?
    He is not, He should have been taken off instead of Vinny. How midfield had less energy when Vinny went off..

In the main I agree/acknowledge what your saying. My point is, he isn’t an awful player.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    In the main I agree/acknowledge what your saying. My point is, he isn’t an awful player.
    The above was a response to Rainbowpie’s last post.

They must have got Brunt in anticipation of Roberts or Rodrigues leaving. There’s no other explanation. There’s absolutely no explanation for not getting a midfielder in who can tackle.

To be fair Brunt’s a bit of a Jonah if you see how Southend have done since he left.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    To be fair Brunt’s a bit of a Jonah if you see how Southend have done since he left.
    Either that or it's the Noor Husin effect!

I get IBs been around and knows alot but I think he sometimes doesn't appreciate the energy Vinny brings into the team. We look alot more competitive with him playing than not.

It certainly seems to be one of his main attributes and you could be right regarding IB. Although our style doesn't demand it, at times we do seem to miss that energy and work rate in the middle.

To be fair to Burchnall Vincent was back in the side against Chesterfield and I thought he was terrible, though only really Sam excelled that night. With our competition for places in the middle of midfield if you get that chance you need to take it and hold on to your spot

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I get IBs been around and knows alot but I think he sometimes doesn't appreciate the energy Vinny brings into the team. We look alot more competitive with him playing than not.
    Absolutely, he closes players down quickly and forces mistakes, something others seem to forget to do. He should be starting without a doubt.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234