+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next 6 games (us and the rest)

Next 6 games (us and the rest)

As I was changing Ayling for Ben Mee in my fantasy football team I saw the run of fixtures we and teams around us have and it has got me a little worried.

Norwich (17) Saints (A) Brentford (H) Leeds (A) Chelsea (H) Brighton (A) Burnley (H)...... 6 points...... 23

Watford (18) Scum (A) Arsenal (H) Wolves (A) Saints (A) Everton (H) 3 points............. 21

Burnley (20) Palace (A) Leicester (H) Chelsea (H) Brentford (A) Saints (H) Norwich (A) 10 points.......... 30

Newcastle (22) Brentford (A) Brighton (H) Saints (A) Chelsea (A) Everton (A) Palace (H) 6 points.......28

Everton (22) Man City (H) Spurs (A) Wolves (H) Newcastle (H) Watford (A) West Ham (A) 4 points.....26

Leeds (23) Spurs (H) Leicester (A) Villa (H) Norwich (H) Wolves (A) Watford (A).........6 points......29

Brentford (24) Newcastle (H) Norwich (A) Burnley (H) Leicester (A) Chelsea (H) West Ham (H)......7 points 31

After this run:
    20th- Watford 21 (Played 31)
    19th- Norwich 23 (Played 31
    18th- Everton 26 (Played 29)
    17th- Newcastle 28 (Played 30)
    16th- Leeds 29 (Played 31)
    15th- Burnley 30 (Played 29)
    14th- Brentford 31 (Played 32)

This year is shaping up to be one hell of a scrap at the bottom, normally I'd love it but now tha we are one of the teams in it I can't think of anything worse. I think at least 2 of those 6 will go on a 4/5 game run where they win 3 and draw one and basically guarantee safety but I've no idea who, if we had players fit and ready I'd fancy us but even with Phillips, Bamford and Cooper back, their match fitness will be non-existent. The games in hand for Burnley and Everton could be an issue but lets see as that could go either way, them having to play back to back games a few times could hinder them more than help and it depends who their extra games are against if it is a double header vs Norwich its very different to playing City or Liverpool twice!

It is going to be tough, we need to stick behind the team, make our home games hostile and loud for the opposition and try drag the players through games when it is up against us.

I have faith we will do it, I think it is going to be closer than we wish but I believe in our manager, our club and our players.

MOT

Bit of work there Mr, hoping we can get more that 6 points, even if its only 7

Think 6 points in this run and we are relegated. Watford and Norwich are must wins. Those are 6 point games

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Think 6 points in this run and we are relegated. Watford and Norwich are must wins. Those are 6 point games
    Win those two and Brentford and we will be safe I hope. Lose 2 of them and cya next year.

Think we might get more than 6 points and at least sneak a draw in one of the games v Villa or Leicester.

Can’t see Bamford being back before April at the earliest as Cooper and Phillips started back in training almost a month ago and Bamford not able to run at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Think we might get more than 6 points and at least sneak a draw in one of the games v Villa or Leicester.

Can’t see Bamford being back before April at the earliest as Cooper and Phillips started back in training almost a month ago and Bamford not able to run at the moment.
    I'd say more than 6 if we had any of the three you mentioned back but without them I don't see it happening. Phillips is crucial, we need him back ASAP to plug our midfield with Forshaw

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I'd say more than 6 if we had any of the three you mentioned back but without them I don't see it happening. Phillips is crucial, we need him back ASAP to plug our midfield with Forshaw
    Yup he has been the biggest loss - he sent a very KP tweet thanking MB - good player, top bloke!

I wonder if a new coach has any impact on timeframe for KP? MB wanted them 100% game fit. Not every coach demands that if you are bring them in as sun or short term starter.

Maybe - who knows - Bambi not even able to run in training though.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I wonder if a new coach has any impact on timeframe for KP? MB wanted them 100% game fit. Not every coach demands that if you are bring them in as sun or short term starter.
    Nahhh A new coach can't do squad a MAnager on the other hand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)