+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Roman Abramovich hands over Chelsea control

O/T:- Roman Abramovich hands over Chelsea control

Statement from Roman Abramovich this evening...

"During my nearly 20-year ownership of Chelsea FC, I have always viewed my role as a custodian of the Club, whose job it is ensuring that we are as successful as we can be today, as well as build for the future, while also playing a positive role in our communities. I have always taken decisions with the Club’s best interest at heart. I remain committed to these values. That is why I am today giving trustees of Chelsea’s charitable Foundation the stewardship and care of Chelsea FC.

I believe that currently they are in the best position to look after the interests of the Club, players, staff, and fans."

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

"During my nearly 20-year ownership of Chelsea FC, I have always viewed my role as a custodian of the Club, whose job it is ensuring that we are as successful as we can be today, as well as build for the future, while also playing a positive role in our communities. I have always taken decisions with the Club’s best interest at heart. I remain committed to these values. That is why I am today giving trustees of Chelsea’s charitable Foundation the stewardship and care of Chelsea FC.

I believe that currently they are in the best position to look after the interests of the Club, players, staff, and fans."
    But he continues his, errr, ''investment'' though?

As a legal writer said on the Twitter, "This @ChelseaFC statement is intended to look like it is meaningful legally, but without actually saying anything meaningful legally"

He's distancing himself from the club as much as he can, which isn't really very far at all, for the benefit of the public image of the club, it's a step above doing nothing but I'd imagine not much is changing as he's not been allowed in the country for a while now anyway.

In short, nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post

"And as it is now in the Foundation's hands it would be unfair of the UK government to seize the asset so it's value to me will remain unaffected."

Pity he couldn't come out and say he disagrees with his friend Putin's actions which would have had a lot more meaning.

I'll sleep a whole lot better knowing this uninteresting news

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    I'll sleep a whole lot better knowing this uninteresting news
    Happy to be of service to your insomnia G2BAP

Apparently the charitable trust have refused to take Lukaku.

Meaningless cr@p. He still owns it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast