+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammers Match Day Thread

Terrible.

Either Bruno was sending a message to the board with those changes, or he just got it badly wrong. I hope it was the former. It is blazingly clear we don't have strength within our squad.

West Ham weren't much better but we were so flat I never felt we would score. This was like Palace away, one of our worse performances of the season, just when we need to perform if we really want Europe again. After that I'm really questioning if that's what we want.

The only positive from that game was Fabio's second half performance.

Hoever was shocking in every aspect and I don't want to see Trincao start another game.

Quote Originally Posted by sausagenegg View Post
    The only positive from that game was Fabio's second half performance.

Hoever was shocking in every aspect and I don't want to see Trincao start another game.
    A lot of flat run of the mill performances from what is to be honest a flat run of the mill team at the moment. We need replacements for Jiminez and Moutinho , that is players to do what they used to be able to do, as soon as possible.

Well I don't know what kind of experiment Bruno was trying with that front 3, but it failed mirerably. Going to be very difficult to get into Europe with those last 2 results.

I did not expect to get into European competition this year, but to see us get to the doorstep, with opportunities against teams ahead of us and get 0 points from the two games is very depressing.

Well, So far I've been impressed with Bruno but I wasn't impressed by his comments post game. We did not play well and we did not control the game. Dendonker offers absolutely nothing, and Hoever is put of his depth. If Jonny is fit he has to start in Semedo's position. He is right footed naturally. We have to see if he has fully recovered from his injury and that means playing him. We desperately require a box to box midfielder who can score goals, and that is not what we have with Dendonker!

I agree. The thing that's starting to worry me is Bruno's almost blase post match assessment after a poor performance and there have been a few poor performances over the last few games.

He insisted we started well yesterday and he was correct. We were good for the first 3 minutes.

He seemed almost satisfied with that performance and I had to smile reading a comment on Molineux Mix. Someone posted that West Ham's best player by far was Dendoncker after putting them clean through a couple of times.

The next few games are all very winnable, let's see.

It is hard to disagree with most of the comments of my fellow Wolfies. In truth, I held strong misgivings of a successful outcome when I first saw our starting line-up for this game. Like the two recent confrontations with Arsenal, this match presented as a veritable 'six-pointer' calling for maximum effort if a place in Europe was still on our wish-list for next season. I don't know what Bruno had in mind, but I thought his team selection mind-boggling. Unsurprisingly, apart from the first few minutes, we never really got into this game. After the break, I thought Bruno erred badly in his use of substitutes Surely,Neto, should have been introduced much earlier and by the time Podence and Jimenez entered the fray it was all too late.

I know that many of you believe Raul's time at Wolves has reached it's use-by-date, but I believe part of the problem, this season, has been his lack of supply. With the return of Neto and ongoing support from Podence, can we not allow him a little longer to prove his worth, or otherwise, before casting him to the slag-heap? Just asking.

I don't think any one on here wants to "cast him on the slag heap" Grizz but it is painfully obvious that at this moment he is no where near the player he was. Will the old Jiminez come back? Maybe we can struggle through with him this season and hope next time round he will be his old self. The chances though I think, sadly, are thin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)