+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current table - relegation battle

Current table - relegation battle

Another week another 3 points, the table looks a lot better for us sitting 14th, all those pundits that wrote us off at Christmas time. And to think we are doing it without Wilson, ASM, and in large parts Trippier and Bruno.

Eddie Howe deserves a lot of credit here, he has shown Steve Bruce up!

Actually Steve Bruce has shown himself up with his anti football methods.

This group of players have got me believing we can win any game we go into at the moment.

The icing on the cake for me is the Merseyside Mackams are right in the shltter now, so too are Leeds and Brentford. We have games in hand on the teams below us and Burnley are turning the screw

We have 5 games in 15 days coming up which will no doubt take their toll, so i expect a few injuries but how refreshing is it to actually be looking up the table rather than down it. I know we are not safe yet, need another 10 - 12 points imo but we can easily have them by end of March

The summer looks like it might be a very exciting one HWTL

Team spirit and confidence is sky high at the moment. Eddie seems to be a great man manager and knows how to motivate his players

Ryan Fraser was full of praise for him during his MOTD interview saying he's changed everything at the club

Owners, staff, players and fans are actually united

We should start looking up the table.

Man - what a terrible manager Bruce is. Gets more evident by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Man - what a terrible manager Bruce is. Gets more evident by the day.
    How pundits defended him so long is unbelievable. I honestly think many of them understand football less than the average supporter and just because they were good at playing the game is no indication they know much about managing.
    Bruce is terrible whether you watch the games he manages, training methods or handling of the press and relating to the authorities at the club.

How this is not blatantly obvious to anyone is just not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    How pundits defended him so long is unbelievable. I honestly think many of them understand football less than the average supporter and just because they were good at playing the game is no indication they know much about managing.
    Bruce is terrible whether you watch the games he manages, training methods or handling of the press and relating to the authorities at the club.

The obvious thing to look at is how much of a darling he was at Manure as a player and yet since he went into management has never ever been considered to return when there has been a managerial vacancy. They obviously well know his limitations. Which are many and vast.

my guess is that most of them dont actually believe what they are saying, during the course of careers, they have gotten to

know agents, publicists, footballers and managers. Its all "just a scratch my back, i'll scratch yours game"

they have similar sponsors or shares in brands etc. Very much like the corporate world i live in, its corrupt to the core, say

the right things to the right people and you will live a very happy life, have an opinion outside of the bubble and you have

got no chance of progressing

If Bruce were to miraculously appear in their favourite club, they would share their true opinions. Don't fall for any of that pundit sympathy and criticism of us.

They are just trying to make us look bad.
    Eddie is the man and has gained massive respect turning around our miserable firm.

We're far from being home and hosed but we couldn't have asked for any more from EH. And Staveley and the Saudis honestly did all they could.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    my guess is that most of them dont actually believe what they are saying, during the course of careers, they have gotten to

know agents, publicists, footballers and managers. Its all "just a scratch my back, i'll scratch yours game"

they have similar sponsors or shares in brands etc. Very much like the corporate world i live in, its corrupt to the core, say

the right things to the right people and you will live a very happy life, have an opinion outside of the bubble and you have

got no chance of progressing
    Of course, it's an old boys club and has been for many many years, I'm surprised they don't have a secret handshake.

Yep, it's not just the terrible results; he's all-around incompetent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)