+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half t8me chat with SLO

Half t8me chat with SLO

Had a brief but interesting half time discussion with the Clubs SLO (Supporters Liaison Officer) John Burke yesterday. He intimated that despite the general feeling of despair, concern and disappointment at the way things were going at Dens he had nothing in his inbox relating to the subject.
    Having had further chat with him this morning John said that if he did he would be more than happy to engage with those running the Club in attempt to improve communication between supporters and club officials. He also said he’d be quite happy to facilitate any meeting requested by any of our fans groups eg DFCSS/DSA.
    So despite all the doom, gloom and posts every hour on social media there appears to be no one who has made an approach to the man acting as the interface between club and fan base.
    I will be passing this on to Norrie Price with my own concerns as my own personal preference would be for our Supporters Trust to deal with such issues and report back fellow members making it much more practical. This is though an opportunity for people who don’t want to go down that road and have issues or questions relating to the Club that they feel they need answers to.
    John Nelms could at a stretch justify not answering some of the questions he is accused of keeping us in the dark with given no individual has been down the formal route or correct channels . That does not detract from the relevant points raised in recent Society correspondence, but if they the Trust bring this to our SLO’s attention then at least it gives him the opportunity to look into it on their behalf.
    I understand the Club being in the Premiership has to have an SLO. I have huge respect for both John and his family who have been following Dundee and supporting the Club in many different ways all their lives. He does this for the love of the Football Club and still pays his way despite him officially being an ‘employee’.
    His e mail address for anyone wishing to contact him is jjb55@hotmail.com

The liaison officer who doesn't liaise.

Worthless because the control freak controls him

Drop him a note and see what happens ??
    Just a thought ….

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Drop him a note and see what happens ??
    Just a thought ….
    Been there and done that - still waiting for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Had a brief but interesting half time discussion with the Clubs SLO (Supporters Liaison Officer) John Burke yesterday. He intimated that despite the general feeling of despair, concern and disappointment at the way things were going at Dens he had nothing in his inbox relating to the subject.
    Having had further chat with him this morning John said that if he did he would be more than happy to engage with those running the Club in attempt to improve communication between supporters and club officials. He also said he’d be quite happy to facilitate any meeting requested by any of our fans groups eg DFCSS/DSA.
    So despite all the doom, gloom and posts every hour on social media there appears to be no one who has made an approach to the man acting as the interface between club and fan base.
    I will be passing this on to Norrie Price with my own concerns as my own personal preference would be for our Supporters Trust to deal with such issues and report back fellow members making it much more practical. This is though an opportunity for people who don’t want to go down that road and have issues or questions relating to the Club that they feel they need answers to.
    John Nelms could at a stretch justify not answering some of the questions he is accused of keeping us in the dark with given no individual has been down the formal route or correct channels . That does not detract from the relevant points raised in recent Society correspondence, but if they the Trust bring this to our SLO’s attention then at least it gives him the opportunity to look into it on their behalf.
    I understand the Club being in the Premiership has to have an SLO. I have huge respect for both John and his family who have been following Dundee and supporting the Club in many different ways all their lives. He does this for the love of the Football Club and still pays his way despite him officially being an ‘employee’.
    His e mail address for anyone wishing to contact him is jjb55@hotmail.com
    I had contact with him a wee while back, a year or so, for the life of me I can't remember what it was.....I think it was my general dismay at the state of the ground and the way the club was being run and not something specific

He answered pretty promptly and was very convivial.

I think I'll e mail him and see if he can get any answers.

Mine sent.

State of ground, communication and pricing.

spoke with him about 4 years ago re season ticket or patg pricing. cant remember which.

i can remember his response though...'dont care,it doesnt affect me'

last conversation i had with him

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    spoke with him about 4 years ago re season ticket or patg pricing. cant remember which.

i can remember his response though...'dont care,it doesnt affect me'

last conversation i had with him
    That's not good.

Had a very prompt response and john will try and put my points to the club.

I'd encourage others to do the same.

I have also sent an email to John with my concerns regarding my beloved Dundee FC hopefully I’ll get a reply.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)