+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAO alf ----how to ruin a game!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I know alf, however, I've got nowt else to do at the minute so I just try to keep the non-believers contemplating the errors of their ways.
    I think that they call it trying to educate the uneducated, however, this may not be the case with BT, after all, he does spout a lot of crap about the Middle East so he perhpas has been educated by Al Jazeera to the exclusion of all things in moderation. Who knows?
    The laws of Rugby League are about as complex as the shambles going on in the Middle East mein Fruend. No one will ever be able to solve the two enigmas wrapped inside a conundrum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You win nowt with kids sinkov. I was screaming for England to kick the penalty, but no they elected to pi$$ about instead. We miss Farrell.
    Maybe, but last season he was just as bad as the rest of them, one game he had a 3 man overlap and he tried a grubber kick, which came to naught, instead of getting the ball wide. Whether it stems from Jones and his coaching team I don't know, but collectively they seem braindead. Against Scotland they could have put themselves back in the game with a late pen, but chose to go to the corner for a line-out instead, The kick was short and then they fecked up the line out, game lost. It's happening every game.
    Last edited by sinkov; 28-02-2022 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Maybe, but last season he was just as bad as the rest of them, one game he had a 3 man overlap and he tried a grubber kick, which came to naught, instead of getting the ball wide. Whether it stems from Jones and his coaching team I don't know, but collectively they seem braindead. Against Scotland they could have put themselves back in the game with a late pen, but chose to go to the corner for a line-out instead, The kick was short and then they fecked up the line out, game lost. It's happening every game.
    On the field leadership seems to be what's missing mon ami. Jones needs to tackle this issue and quick.

On the field leadership seems to be what's missing mon ami. Jones needs to tackle this issue and quick.
    I don't think it's something he's unaware of BT, he often talks about the importance of on-field leadership, but the more he talks about it, the worse it gets.

I don't think it's something he's unaware of BT, he often talks about the importance of on-field leadership, but the more he talks about it, the worse it gets.
    By the end of the game I was $hitting bricks and that was plain bonkers !

By the end of the game I was $hitting bricks and that was plain bonkers !
    Me too, I was dreading having our Welsh friends on here doing a bit of gloating. But another annoying aspect was the ref, all the game he never allowed one quick tap penalty to be taken, until right at the end when he allowed the Welsh to score from one. Why did he let that one go, but called every other one back, England weren't expecting it because he wasn't allowing them, then he did.

Me too, I was dreading having our Welsh friends on here doing a bit of gloating. But another annoying aspect was the ref, all the game he never allowed one quick tap penalty to be taken, until right at the end when he allowed the Welsh to score from one. Why did he let that one go, but called every other one back, England weren't expecting it because he wasn't allowing them, then he did.
    You won't get me gloating.I've been down here a long time but I've never managed to get any interest in the game at all.It's a shame really but then again the difference in prices between International football at the Cardiff City stadium and Rugby at the Principality Stadium are enormous.I guess it's where you were brought up and the game you played when you were young.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    You won't get me gloating.I've been down here a long time but I've never managed to get any interest in the game at all.It's a shame really but then again the difference in prices between International football at the Cardiff City stadium and Rugby at the Principality Stadium are enormous.I guess it's where you were brought up and the game you played when you were young.
    Well said barrie, I have never seen the point of gloating over winning a league containing just 6 teams, in fact, we disbanded our local football league when we ended up with less than 8 teams and they didn't want to play each other 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Well said barrie, I have never seen the point of gloating over winning a league containing just 6 teams, in fact, we disbanded our local football league when we ended up with less than 8 teams and they didn't want to play each other 3 times.
    How many teams have a chance of winning the Rugby League World Cup Sub ? I mean a realistic chance, not just making the numbers up.

How many teams have a chance of winning the Rugby League World Cup Sub ? I mean a realistic chance, not just making the numbers up.
    You have to say three, however, only four teams have won the RU World Cup in 9 competitions.
    Let's face it, every World Cup, in whatever sport, is designed for one thing and that is to make money.
    Rugby League World Cup has 16 teams competing this year ---the first time that as many have been involved and the RU World Cup has 20 teams competing so both are very limited, hence, no reason to gloat for whoever wins.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)