+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Promotion - yes or no

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Promotion - yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    The manner in the way we lose matches, such as no bite in midfield, inability to defend corners and free kicks in our own half, susceptibility to concede a goal from a giant in the last few minutes and an obvous collapse of cohesion everywhere when plan "A" fails, is not found among top teams aiming for promotion. Oh you do see teams up ther temporarily, they have their days in the sun and then back in the shade but look who's up their now, does anyone have confidence in Notts eclipsing them? Two of them won't be in non-league next season but they will be replaced by two from L2 who you may assume ought to be able to handle themselves among such as us now regular also-rans.
    That's right, Yeovil who came down with us are finding it real easy, Southend and Grimsby this season not really tearing up the league, Wrexham been down here for the best part of 12 years and it's even taken Chesterfield three seasons to start being competitive again. Not to mention Barnet, Daggers and Torquay.

The game has evolved, teams all the way down to tiers 8 & 9 are so much more professionally these days, better equipped and competitive. I'm as frustrated as the next fan but I'm prepared to see the bigger picture. The club on the whole is so much better than it has been for a long time and the way to make sure the club is sustainable is to employ young players that can adapt to a style in the higher leagues. Recruit them when they are under valued, develop them and then sell them when they are over valued.

I do agree though that there is a dent in our armour and need a bit of steel and experience on the pitch to push us over the line but I'm certainly not going to loose my ****e when things don't go the way we would like them to. Over recent years I've become much more tolerant with things that used to wind me up in my younger years. Maybe its my medication?

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    That's right, Yeovil who came down with us are finding it real easy, Southend and Grimsby this season not really tearing up the league, Wrexham been down here for the best part of 12 years and it's even taken Chesterfield three seasons to start being competitive again. Not to mention Barnet, Daggers and Torquay.

The game has evolved, teams all the way down to tiers 8 & 9 are so much more professionally these days, better equipped and competitive. I'm as frustrated as the next fan but I'm prepared to see the bigger picture. The club on the whole is so much better than it has been for a long time and the way to make sure the club is sustainable is to employ young players that can adapt to a style in the higher leagues. Recruit them when they are under valued, develop them and then sell them when they are over valued.

I do agree though that there is a dent in our armour and need a bit of steel and experience on the pitch to push us over the line but I'm certainly not going to loose my ****e when things don't go the way we would like them to. Over recent years I've become much more tolerant with things that used to wind me up in my younger years. Maybe its my medication?
    Sounds like you are on the same medication I used to be on ( anti anxiety) which did make me more tolerant as well as the other benefits obviously. Interestingly when I came off the medication ( and I have been medication free for a number of years now and yes it was bloody hard to get off it) I retained my tolerance for things that used to wind me up ( other than bad Australian driving ) Which I didn't have before I was on the medication. I agree with your post and I enjoy your website Thank-you!

I wonder if a similar poll was undertaken by the top 10 clubs right now how many would have more Yes votes than No votes?

1 for sure, 2 maybe 3?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I wonder if a similar poll was undertaken by the top 10 clubs right now how many would have more Yes votes than No votes?

1 for sure, 2 maybe 3?
    The timing of the poll is perhaps "interesting". I think Wrexham Stockport and Chesterfield will all be very confident. Whether it is misplaced or not I do not know. But someone has to miss out. BorehamWood if they have any fans will be confident. So that is 4. For sure.

Not this year.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The timing of the poll is perhaps "interesting". I think Wrexham Stockport and Chesterfield will all be very confident. Whether it is misplaced or not I do not know. But someone has to miss out. BorehamWood if they have any fans will be confident. So that is 4. For sure.
    Agree timing is key ask Chesterfield fans a few games ago and the results would be very different.

Football fans always appear to be a pessimistic bunch overall so I'd guess 3 max.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Sounds like you are on the same medication I used to be on ( anti anxiety) which did make me more tolerant as well as the other benefits obviously. Interestingly when I came off the medication ( and I have been medication free for a number of years now and yes it was bloody hard to get off it) I retained my tolerance for things that used to wind me up ( other than bad Australian driving ) Which I didn't have before I was on the medication. I agree with your post and I enjoy your website Thank-you!
    Thanks QLP, and not far off with the medication. Popping more pills a day now than I did in the 80's!

Great post Sir

well said

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast