+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis Knight

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    But surely he could well be fully fit by now after playing matches for BPA?
    Are we really comparing the standard of National League North with our league? Yes it’s one step below but Knight is now playing against plumbers, bankers, dustmen etc. The same level of fitness isn’t there either.

But surely he could well be fully fit by now after playing matches for BPA?
    Spoke to my mate yesterday who played against him on Saturday, his rough comments were, he's quick, he didn't do much after he scored, he needs to be playing in a better team than BPA to fulfil his potential, apparently his dad is the Chairman at BPA and that's why he's probably there.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He is just another Fabian Brandy..We let our best winger join Chesterfield..
    Do you mean Calvin Miller? The left back? That was never our player but on loan from Harrogate? That one? Best winger?

Nevermind the fact that they both play on different sides and one is a proper winger and the other is a wing back but Calvin Miller doesn't get in our team now ahead of Eli Sam.

Febian Brandy was a striker that wasn't very good but had pace so got put on the wing, Lewis Knight is a striker with pace that gets in behind. We just haven't been able to see that from him because of injuries.

I'd imagine you were one of the many fans that wrote off Eli Sam before he'd got an actual chance in the team but maybe his example shows people should be more lenient with young players that don't hit the ground running from now on? Kristian Dennis (tough not exactly young) was written off in the same way too and now our fans seem to think he was the best striker we'd ever had and ask him to come back any game Wootton misses a chance in (which is most tbf)

The problem at Notts is that any striker with pace, and wanting to get behind defences, will get fed up with making runs and the ball not being delivered. The end result is that they stop making the runs. This happened to Mitchell a few times on Friday night. Players need the freedom to mix it up and play a ball over the top, occasionally,even if it means risking loss of possession.

Interesting views and comparisons between Mitchell and Knight. I do think there’s some influence from perceived history (Mitchell being let go by chesterfield and Lewis knight being the ‘next Cal Roberts’ type signing). Both a similar age and both had one short purple patch (kairo at KL and knight at BPA). I don’t think either have done enough over a sustained period to suggest they are likely to make an impact anytime soon…

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Do you mean Calvin Miller? The left back? That was never our player but on loan from Harrogate? That one? Best winger?

Nevermind the fact that they both play on different sides and one is a proper winger and the other is a wing back but Calvin Miller doesn't get in our team now ahead of Eli Sam.

Febian Brandy was a striker that wasn't very good but had pace so got put on the wing, Lewis Knight is a striker with pace that gets in behind. We just haven't been able to see that from him because of injuries.

I'd imagine you were one of the many fans that wrote off Eli Sam before he'd got an actual chance in the team but maybe his example shows people should be more lenient with young players that don't hit the ground running from now on? Kristian Dennis (tough not exactly young) was written off in the same way too and now our fans seem to think he was the best striker we'd ever had and ask him to come back any game Wootton misses a chance in (which is most tbf)
    So often I love Delroy's posts and there is absolutely no need to imagine.

Me too, what's your view on recalling him Banjo?
    Might need him very soon if this illness doesn’t go away soon otherwise, I would leave him to get more goals and more confidence at Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Its not working though...
    Depends what you’re basing it on.
    If we go up via the play offs, has it worked?
    If we sell 3 players in 2 years time for £500k plus, has it worked?
    If we’ve managed to assemble a squad within a sustainable budget, has it worked?
    It seems when Notts aren’t winning games then some fans think EVERYTHING is wrong.
    I think we’ve recruited a squad capable of promotion. I think we’ve recruited a squad that could potentially reap a good ROI. And I’m guessing we’ve assembled a squad that is much closer to being a sustainable cost than at any point in the last few years.
    So I certainly wouldn’t say it’s not working.

Hear, hear KTD. It's known as the regular 'NCM Root and Branch Review'#viva

I asked durhampie earlier when recruitment lasted 'worked'. Was it in the summer of 2009 during the enjoyable and now infamous Munto season and host of excellent signings that unfortunately we couldn't afford? Or has recruitment worked since then?

It's a question to all, false Munto season aside when in the past have we recruited well?

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Depends what you’re basing it on.
    If we go up via the play offs, has it worked?
    If we sell 3 players in 2 years time for £500k plus, has it worked?
    If we’ve managed to assemble a squad within a sustainable budget, has it worked?
    It seems when Notts aren’t winning games then some fans think EVERYTHING is wrong.
    I think we’ve recruited a squad capable of promotion. I think we’ve recruited a squad that could potentially reap a good ROI. And I’m guessing we’ve assembled a squad that is much closer to being a sustainable cost than at any point in the last few years.
    So I certainly wouldn’t say it’s not working.
    The ultimate aim has to be promotion. If we fail to get promoted with the resources that we have then that is a failure.. And i would guess that would be the opinion of most Notts fans, unless of course you are more than happy to watch none league football every week..

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast