+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: SLO meeting update

SLO meeting update

Our SLO was up at Dens today with the questions, concerns and points of view recently sent his way. He intimated he was in for a good while and has some admin to do before sending out responses from the Club MD to both individuals and groups. At this stage I’m personally pleased with this as an outcome without rightly knowing any of the detail. There will I’m sure be plenty of debate and discussion when the answers are offered, for now I only think it’s fair to say well done and thanks to Burkie, JN and everyone who responded to what was just a post on a website less than a week ago.

Burkie is keen to avoid coming on the forums and has asked me to post the following message for him which I don’t mind doing.

He is looking for any of the ‘young guys over in The Derry’ that have any issues, ideas or concerns they wish to discuss with him to drop him a note and he will get back to them. He heard there were a group looking to discuss some sort of official tie up with the Club and if there is he would love to help, encourage and support them in any way he could.*

John can be contacted at jjb55@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Burkie is keen to avoid coming on the forums and has asked me to post the following message for him which I don’t mind doing.

He is looking for any of the ‘young guys over in The Derry’ that have any issues, ideas or concerns they wish to discuss with him to drop him a note and he will get back to them. He heard there were a group looking to discuss some sort of official tie up with the Club and if there is he would love to help, encourage and support them in any way he could.*

Hallelujah.

Our SLO was up at Dens today with the questions, concerns and points of view recently sent his way. He intimated he was in for a good while and has some admin to do before sending out responses from the Club MD to both individuals and groups. At this stage I’m personally pleased with this as an outcome without rightly knowing any of the detail. There will I’m sure be plenty of debate and discussion when the answers are offered, for now I only think it’s fair to say well done and thanks to Burkie, JN and everyone who responded to what was just a post on a website less than a week ago.
    And well done you.

Excellent approach. This is very encouraging. Good stuff from Scott

Fans Questions
    1 Are you still on target with new stadium and if so what is timescale for starting and completion.
    JN There is a meeting scheduled on the 16th of March with project consultants. Following this meeting there are plans being put in place to have another public consultation similar to one originally held at Dundee ice arena.
    2 If plans for new stadium fall through are there plans to upgrade Dens.
    JN There are no plans to carry out any upgrades to Dens Park as fully committed to new stadium project.
    3 Are there any plans to meet and engage with various fans groups ie DSA/ D4L.
    JN Prior to covid restrictions he met regularly with DSA chairman. These meetings have already recommenced. Prior to Covid the DSA Chairman and others were periodically invited to one of the DFC staffs weekly meetings and this is also to recommence. (John also agreed at this time to engage in an informal chat with a representative of D4L trust together with DSA chairman and myself. Hopefully this will lead to engagement through the DSA with further groups and the wider fan base).
    4 Overall communication, fans find it very difficult to contact any department within the club including ticket office and commercial department.
    JN He has taken on board the various complaints regarding communication in general with various departments within the club and will deal with them during his staff meeting on Monday 7 March.
    5 Overall condition of stadium both inside and out, are there any plans to improve or upgrade maintenance to remove graffiti, rubbish and general appearance of the stadium.
    JN As above there are no plans to upgrade any of the ground but will discuss with stadium staff in order to improve overall cleanliness at the meeting on 7 March.
    6 Ticketing is very dated with problems purchasing tickets, are any plans in place to update to a modern system.
    JN We actually have the most up-to-date system but we are limited by the lack of WIFI in the stadium and there will not be an upgrade to the current system whilst we remain at Dens Park. Fully functioning ticketing systems will be part of the move to the new stadium.
    7 Individuals who have sponsored players are looking for an update as to when they will receive their framed tops.
    JN Informed that this had been seriously disrupted because of the pandemic and that the commercial department are currently working on this. In support of this I was shown a large amount of framed tops which are ready for distribution.
    8 Overall matchday experience has deteriorated where large numbers of fans are staying away, are there any plans in place to reverse this trend
    JN He acknowledged that he was aware of the problem and accepted that it starts with performances on the pitch, but also feels that the surroundings play a major part as they are trying to offer a 21st century product in a 19th century setting. His hopes are that by moving to a new stadium with modern facilities whilst continuing to strive to improve the overall product is his goal
    9 Recent manager appointment and decision on new appointment and timing after January window.
    JN We have always endeavoured to support our managers and felt that this should continue through this window however it became clear that change was required and on this occasion after consultation with our Technical Director it was decided to appoint Mark until the end of the current campaign.
    10 Rangers cup tie pricing. If the pricing is based on making as much from the Rangers fans as possible have you considered giving over more of the ground to them.
    JN This was something that had been considered for other games in previous years but felt it would be detrimental to our own fans therefore it is no longer seen as an option and normal ticket allocation will continue.
    11 If number one falls through what are FPS intentions. Are there any intentions to walk away and if so is there an exit plan.
    JN FPS do not contemplate the new stadium not going ahead and have absolutely no intentions of leaving. Therefore have not considered any exit plan.
    12 Recent press statements intimated that you were in consultation to purchase Dens Park and use revenue used from this venture to fund the new stadium, effectively leaving the club homeless and having to ground share. Is this correct.
    JN Part of the new stadium project has always included the purchase of Dens however depending on the financing package there may be a crossover between the completion of the new stadium and development at Dens Park which may result in the need to have a ground sharing agreement in place. The new stadium would have to be started before they would need to have a ground sharing agreement in place. Thus only a temporary sharing may be needed.

Well done and thanks Burkie, appreciated.

Shows what can be done and something that should be encouraged, repeated and built on.

Good work.

The door is open, much will depend what happens next and what Norrie Price, John Burke and Davie Craig take in with them - that really should depend on the feelings of those they represent so what I’d like to know - when is the next meeting and what do these three individuals plan to do in advance to gauge the feelings of the Trust members, DSA Clubs and unaffiliated supporters.

Thanks for that Scott.
    Seems to me we are hedging on our bets on a stadium plan no further forward than years ago.If we could get some positive concrete news on new stadium it would give the whole club a lift imo.

The door is open and it should not be allowed to close. I read this morning that the Trust have requested a follow up meeting with the DSA and the SLO. For the first time in a long time it looks like representatives of our supporters groups and affiliated/unaffiliated fans are to be working together (assuming that request is accepted). We all therefor have a voice at the next meeting with the club which JN has committed to. If we can’t get our act together then we can’t expect anyone else to.John Burke, Davie Craig and Norrie Price …… it’s over to you really. Will be interested to see how this pans out, good luck to all involved.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)