+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If not us....Who?

If not us....Who?

Barring a dramatic turn of results its pretty much 2nd or 3rd our highest achievable position.
    IF we don't go up who would you rather be missing next season?

Stockport/Chesterfield/Wrexham.

Personally I would rather Stockport and Wrexham go up as I don't think Chesterfield can match them in terms of budget for wages. I also think Wrexham will plough more money in. Stockport are strong and I can't seem them losing grip on top come the end of the season.
    Yes I know statistically Borehamwood could go top but I am sure they are due a blip which may eat into their games in hand.

Same as you, I think it would be good to get Wrexham out of the division and, if we don't go up, Stockport can join them. Would take some of the big money competition away for the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Same as you, I think it would be good to get Wrexham out of the division and, if we don't go up, Stockport can join them. Would take some of the big money competition away for the next season.
    I'd say the same. I think it will be easier to finish above Chesterfield next season than Stockport or Wrexham.

Doesn't FFP start next season? Might be a leveller?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Doesn't FFP start next season? Might be a leveller?
    Yep, also teams can't be good every season. think Wrexham could struggle next season purely down to pressure.

It's got to be Stockport & Wrexham.

I don't want Chesterfield to go up, because it's enjoyable to have a local rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    It's got to be Stockport & Wrexham.

I don't want Chesterfield to go up, because it's enjoyable to have a local rivalry.
    Plus Chessie might blow a substantial amount of their wad this season and have to cut the cloth accordingly next. The other 2 have rich backers so let's be rid of Stockpot and Rectum if we can't go up.

Hopefully Barrow will join the seemingly doomed Scunny in coming down as I'd expect Barrow to be mid-lower table fodder when they eventually do drop. Oldham may have their problems but would likely be challenging for top spot n the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Hopefully Barrow will join the seemingly doomed Scunny in coming down as I'd expect Barrow to be mid-lower table fodder when they eventually do drop. Oldham may have their problems but would likely be challenging for top spot n the long run.
    Yeah would like to see Barrow drop back down but it’s really tight at the bottom of league 2. Just 3 pts separating 18th down to 23rd. Orient, Carlisle, Colchester and Stevenage all in the mix with Oldham. Again just goes to show you how competitive non league is when teams like Harrogate, Sutton and previously Salford, Stanley etc are replacing teams like us and Chesterfield in the EFL.

If we don't go up, it would be prudent for Wrexham and Stockport gone. Chesterfield won't be able to sustain their funding and it should open up for a run next year for Notts if we recruit well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast