+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Palace Match Day Thread

Liam Keen
    @LiamKeen_Star
    Wolves SUB: Chiquinho is on for Kilman.

Going 4 at the back then. 79 mins gone. #wwfc

Liam Keen
    @LiamKeen_Star
    Wolves SUB: Chiquinho is on for Kilman.

Going 4 at the back then. 79 mins gone. #wwfc

BBC website:

Wolves 0-2 Crystal Palace

A really professional performance by Palace. They're going to finish the day in the top 10.

As opposed to Wolves ...

Forget Europe !!! The Wolves performance today was decidedly substandard. During the first half we witnessed a sluggish display of poor movement, sloppy passing and indecision. There was some improvement after the break, when we tried to up the tempo and show some desire to attack, but it always came to nothing in the end. Unless Bruno can come up with some fresh ideas I can see our season finishing with a whimper. Just a month ago and we were having thoughts of the Champions League next season. Funny how quickly things can change.

I don't know where to start really!

Yes I do, lets start with last weekends selection against West Ham. Apart from replacing Semedo, there was no need to change the personel that much. But Bruno did. Five changes?! Why? We had a, largely winning team in place. I can only think he wanted to send a message to the board that we were lacking in depth! Why else would you make so many changes? It was a poor performance in east London but incredibly Bruno came out and said he thought we started well and dictated the game? No we didn't, and it started bells ringing for me. Yesterday he was quoted in the press as saying he would be happy with finishing eighth?| Why would you say that? That's an admittance that he didn't fee his side were capable of finishing higher! Why admit that? Today, he made more changes but included some players in the side who are well out of their depth at West Ham. Hoever for a start, and only an injury bought him off, and Marcel. What does he offer? Only the dropping of the hapless Dendoncker filled me with hope but within minutes of the start it was clear we had no direction. Palace were all over us. Doing to us what we've done so well to others with pressing.We lost that game today within those first minutes. You don't change a winning side, and the only replacement we've needed to make since Arsenal was Semedo. Something doesn't sit right with me here. That was absolutely abject today. No belief and no fight. If Bruno is trying to tell the board something then todays performance shouted it loud and clear. I love our players, and the team spirit within the squad but, have no doubt, if we are to become the success that Fosun claim they want then non of our players are inexpendable!

With regret I'm starting to believe we have a Jose Mourinho wannabe here.

Stubborn enough to cause detriment to the club, not accepting any personal responsibility for the last few shocking performances and publicly questioning the attitude and fitness of our younger players.

I may be wide off the mark here but its the feeling I'm getting.

Spot on Grizz

Quote Originally Posted by sausagenegg View Post
    With regret I'm starting to believe we have a Jose Mourinho wannabe here.

Stubborn enough to cause detriment to the club, not accepting any personal responsibility for the last few shocking performances and publicly questioning the attitude and fitness of our younger players.

I may be wide off the mark here but its the feeling I'm getting.
    Not sure about that but he has sent conflicting messages out this last week. In the press after West Ham he reckoned we controlled the game and appeared happy with that performance, yesterday he said he was angry with the WHU performance?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)