+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Palmer, Brindley & Roberts called up for England C game

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Without doubt he’s best coming in off the right if that’s an option.
    I think he could play off Wootton.
    I think it’s Sbarra at Solihull played up top against us at ML. Very similar type of player and saw plenty of the ball. He kept dropping in pockets of space and was hard to pick up.
    That's pretty much what Ruben does, plays upfront but basically can go where he likes and thats often coming deep, but he covers a lot of ground defensively too, I don't see Cal having anywhere near the work rate Ruben shows to do that kind of job. It might be a bit harsh to call Roberts a one trick pony but he kind of is based on what we've seen. And that's fine if the system lets you do that, but playing to an individuals strengths probably isn't playing to the teams strengths

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    That's pretty much what Ruben does, plays upfront but basically can go where he likes and thats often coming deep, but he covers a lot of ground defensively too, I don't see Cal having anywhere near the work rate Ruben shows to do that kind of job. It might be a bit harsh to call Roberts a one trick pony but he kind of is based on what we've seen. And that's fine if the system lets you do that, but playing to an individuals strengths probably isn't playing to the teams strengths
    If it was a decision between Ruben & Cal, off Wootton, Ruben everyday of the week and twice at the weekend.

The point is/was, if you had to play Cal in a 3-5-2, where would you play him.

As it stands, I wouldn’t have Roberts in the team. I never thought I’d say that.

Back to Ruben, I’d actually drop him into midfield with Palmer and Arter.

Rùben da Rocha Rodrigues is in the starting XI whatever formation you choose. That's not an opinion or a strong opinion I'm upgrading it to a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Rùben da Rocha Rodrigues is in the starting XI whatever formation you choose. That's not an opinion or a strong opinion I'm upgrading it to a fact.
    You didn’t get that quite right. To convince everyone on the Internet that your opinion is correct, you have to put it like this: FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    You didn’t get that quite right. To convince everyone on the Internet that your opinion is correct, you have to put it like this: FACT.
    Not just that. If he insists on repeatedly doing the utterly pretentious "Rùben da Rocha Rodrigues", and he insists on upgrading it to a fact, it might be respectful to get the accent above the 'u' in Ruben the right way round:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%B...er,_born_1996)

Edit: Here to help as always.
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 31-03-2022 at 08:44 PM.

Looks like NCM part time Spelling and Grammar police are back FACT

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Looks like NCM part time Spelling and Grammar police are back FACT
    As I said, always here to help the less fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    As I said, always here to help the less fortunate.
    I just hope you don't loose your enthusiasm for the (part-time) job.

Sucker punched suckling

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Sucker punched suckling
    Is this board in terminal decline? This is the only post in the last 5 hours.

The OAP Onion Growers forum (on which I regularly contribute) is livelier than here.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast