+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Games before the Split

Games before the Split

St Mirren Away
    Hibs Away
    Funsters Home

The way we’ve been this season I’d predict we get about 4 points from these games (the easy home game at the end the one we’d win)

To get top 6 though I reckon we need at least 6 or 7 points.

If we lose to St M or Hibs that is a 6 pointer that would let either of them ahead of us.

One match at a time but all these are crucial. 3 wins and we know we are top 6.

The success of the league season will be decided by these next 3 matches

COME ON UNITED !!!

Its a FACT with the season we have had it could be 3 wins,2 wins,1 win or no win's.I would imagine most pro gamblers would avoid us like the plague.I love these kinda threads,well done mate.

Tbh, most of the other contenders have more difficult on paper apart from St Mirren and Aberdeen so we still have every chance, difficult to tell how many pts we will need, not like anyone has a huge tally so might be less than you think, a win over St Mirren would set us up nicely

None of our games are easy they never are,anyone thinking the derby is a formality is sadly mistaken they are fighting for their lives and i think it will be a brutal encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Tbh, most of the other contenders have more difficult on paper apart from St Mirren and Aberdeen so we still have every chance, difficult to tell how many pts we will need, not like anyone has a huge tally so might be less than you think, a win over St Mirren would set us up nicely
    I honestly haven't looked at any others team's fixtures but playing two of your rivals for top 6 away wont be easy,granted we do not play the OF and obviously some of them do.

7/9 minimum need I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    St Mirren Away
    Hibs Away
    Funsters Home

The way we’ve been this season I’d predict we get about 4 points from these games (the easy home game at the end the one we’d win)

To get top 6 though I reckon we need at least 6 or 7 points.

If we lose to St M or Hibs that is a 6 pointer that would let either of them ahead of us.

One match at a time but all these are crucial. 3 wins and we know we are top 6.

The success of the league season will be decided by these next 3 matches

COME ON UNITED !!!
    All the teams apart from St Mirren( 2home 2 away) have the same type of fixtures as us (1 home 2away). Ross County may be the form team but have probably the hardest fixtures o those involved. Livingston another form team, have a slightly easier run in but have a potential six pointer with Motherwell in their last game. Aberdeen would probably have to win all three games given their points disadvantage though they do have two home games and a visit to Dens so not an impossibility.If we can keep in the mix till the last game we probably have the easiest fixture of those involved though playing relegation threatened teams at this time of the season can be a disadvantage.
    I think two wins might be sufficient given so many teams are playing each other. Our goal difference while not perfect is close to or better than most in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheAlien View Post
    7/9 minimum need I reckon.
    We have picked up 8 points in our last 8 games and some folk think we are on a good run of form, 7 out of 9 will be not far short of miraculous.

37 Hibs

A Aberdeen
    H United
    A Hearts

37 Livingston

A Hearts
    A ST Johnstone
    H Motherwell

36 Ross County

A Celtic
    H Hearts
    A Aberdeen

36 United

A St Mirren
    A Hibs
    H Dundee

36 Motherwell

A St Johnstone
    H St Mirren
    A Livingston

33 St Mirren

A Dundee
    H United
    A Motherwell
    H Rangers

32 Aberdeen

H Hibs
    A Dundee
    H Ross County

I'd take our run on over anyone else's. Hibs & St. Mirren are there for the taking right now.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)