+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you change..

What would you change..

I think that it's fair to say that there's no spring chickens on this board (obviously not you Bumble) so what would you change if you got to relive your footballing life over again?
    Having seen Notts go from division four up to division one and back down into non league I would do the 92 in that space especially as Premier League football is now getting out of the common man's reach if they've got kids and a imorgage

Don’t you mean 114 😎

To be honest I wish I supported Dale longer than I have done, I was brought up a Man Utd fan but stopped going every week when I was about 18… local teams need support rather than the prawn sandwich brigade at Gold Trafford or the Boo Camp

Have done and always will do support Carlisle. My second team is Barcelona of Guayaquil (I had a season ticket at one stage) and I always look out for A. Bilbao.

The step up from the National League is probably the least difficult of those between any of the higher leagues and yet we call anything below League Two 'non league'. I would like one sponsor to cover the EFL, the National League plus the National League North and South. Then we would not call anything below the current League Two 'non league'.

Durex Championship
    Durex League One
    Durex League Two
    Durex League Three
    Durex League Four North / Durex League Four South

Quote Originally Posted by _Stefan_Kuntz View Post
    The step up from the National League is probably the least difficult of those between any of the higher leagues
    You've got to be joking right?

There's only one automatic spot and then it's between the following six clubs to fight it out for the remaining place,how many go up automatically from League 2 to League 1,if Carlisle drop down to the National League how long do you think that it will take to get back up if it's easy?

What I mean is that whichever clubs get promoted they do not struggle in League Two. The competition for the promotion places is of such high quality that those teams that do get promoted have no problems in coping with League Two. The National League is of such intensity and quality that it should not be regarded as 'non-league'.

Clubs that make the step up from the National League rarely struggle at League Two level. That is my meaning. This season Harrogate and Sutton have more than adequately coped.

What we thought of as rock solid EFL clubs that have dropped into the National League are now struggling such that there are nine former EFL / Football League clubs in National League North. Such is the strength of the National League and the next level down.
    Last edited by _Stefan_Kuntz; 10-03-2022 at 03:56 PM.

Aye I can see what you meant now Stefan so I'm sorry for the misunderstanding plus I totally agree with what you had to say

I do not blame you, the first few words could be taken to mean what you first thought, they were a bit ambiguous.

Who are the 9? Unless you are including the Conference as well as Leagues 1-4 as they were / are

I get 5 without google..

Southport
    York
    Hereford
    Darlington
    Chester

None in the National League South either?

All you have to do is look at how many former league clubs are in the National League alone to see how much the gap has closed between league and non league

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)