+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. Council tax

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Since all the other parties are pro-Net Zero, who else is going to do it?
    Hopefully nobody, but there will always be people who are willing to stick their heads in the sand or who are rampant narcissists to step into the role.

And what Johnson's ego?
    Simply huge.

Half of the country to shiver in the dark so he can stay popular with his Mrs and his rich eco-warrior friends in North London.
    How many people will be harmed by climate change? You and I probably won't be around for the worst of it, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't care. I would support changes in taxation to allow for greater support for the less well off.

Obama is currently building a new beachfront property in Hawaii, he already owns one beachfront property in Martha's Vineyard, he doesn't seem that concerned about those rising sea levels he warned us about.

Al Gore bought a $9 million beach house too.

You're very easily conned.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I was planning to retire next March with the expectation that I would be able to live reasonably comfortably. I'm now thinking that I might have to look at that plan again.
    Retirement planning should start in early life not a few years before you retire.

Theres also good opportunities to get a better return from your cash when you do retire if you look around, it can make a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Retirement planning should start in early life not a few years before you retire.

Theres also good opportunities to get a better return from your cash when you do retire if you look around, it can make a big difference.
    I think the problem is that you can plan for your retirement but we are seeing a situation where people are just not able to retire at the point that they have planned for.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I think the problem is that you can plan for your retirement but we are seeing a situation where people are just not able to retire at the point that they have planned for.
    I understand that Pup its a perfect storm at the moment, but equally you shpuld plan your pension will rely on low interest rates, low bills and low cost of living being permanent

Obama is currently building a new beachfront property in Hawaii, he already owns one beachfront property in Martha's Vineyard, he doesn't seem that concerned about those rising sea levels he warned us about.

Al Gore bought a $9 million beach house too.

You're very easily conned.
    I've not checked the accuracy of your claims re: Obama and Gore and would really need to do so given the quality of the sources that you seem to rely upon. If it's true then perhaps they are relying upon the concept that I mentioned above - it's not our generation who are going to really bear the brunt of climate change. It's not an overnight thing, gf.

As for being easily conned, I'm a scientist by training who now spends my working day analysing evidence. What are your qualifications? Being able to read dodgy websites that say what you want to believe doesn't really cut it.

The science is very clear cut, which is why the vast majority of the world scientific community accepts it. The notion that there is some world wide conspiracy that is hiding the truth smells of paranoid personality disorder.

Excellent advice, gm.

I understand that Pup its a perfect storm at the moment, but equally you shpuld plan your pension will rely on low interest rates, low bills and low cost of living being permanent
    I'm trying to boost my work pension and retire at 65 which will mean trying to pay off the London mortgage which curretnly runs until I'm 72!! I'm speaking to a couple of financial advisors about how best to make it work and poss focusing on ethical stocks pensions. Any tips on where to look for best impact?

Why do we have 3 councillors per ward ? Most with their noses well and truely in the trough.

Why not reduce to one per ward and use their generous allowances they get to fund the extra income required.

Just a thought.

I remember many years ago being warned about the Ozone layer have a hole in it and all the pending gloom on the TV. What happening to all the disasters this was going to cause....where are they? Rising sea levels warning that the Maldives would disappear very soon.......yeah of course they will. They have just spent $M's of dollars building 5 new airports in 2020..............i wonder what they thought of all the scaremongering???..........probably nothing eh?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast