+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T German Doner Kebab

O/T German Doner Kebab

Anyone been to the one in Parkgate?

Some of the reviews suggest it's not as good as the one in Meadowhall and some of the other branches.

There's also one on WhiteHill Lane in Brinsworth not been to it though so can't comment. Seems they are snapping up chip shops and converting them. could they be the new franchise to tackle all the old ones?

Not had one

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    There's also one on WhiteHill Lane in Brinsworth not been to it though so can't comment. Seems they are snapping up chip shops and converting them. could they be the new franchise to tackle all the old ones?
    Been once brin,had mixed doner and chips….pricey for what you get but it wernt bad but wouldn’t go over board about it.infact I think I prefer the normal stuff to be honest..meat seamt quite fatty..may have been the first cuts as it was earlyish…nice guys that run it though..

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    They've got about 75 branches now.

Not much different from regular kebabs really except they use beef instead of lamb, cut it a bit thinner, use a thicker type of bread instead of pitta and add red cabbage, that's the German bit I think.

Not wanting to take the thread off topic but I must admit of all the 'street food' available around the world the Doner Kebab must be up there amongst the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Not wanting to take the thread off topic but I must admit of all the 'street food' available around the world the Doner Kebab must be up there amongst the worst.
    In the UK it's what you have on your way home fom the pub when you've had a few (the American equivalent being Taco Bell I suppose).

But in Germany, because of the large Turkish population it's become a national dish, and they eat kebabs for lunch, dinner or supper. This is why a chain like this could only really come from there.

Or in this case perhaps, amongst the “würst”…

With it being a German kebab, would it be Hans free

100% wouldnt touch the stuff but each to their own

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast