+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great modern day actors

Great modern day actors

Ralph Fiennes, Tom Hardy, Paul Bettany, Russell Crowe.
    Anyone got any favourites?

For me there's one younger actress who's streets ahead of everyone at the moment and that's Julia Garner who plays foul mouthed, trailer park trash, Ruth Langmore in Ozark.

I've posted an iconic clip of her from the show below.

She's also starred in recent Netflix hit "Inventing Anna".

Absolute quality, you should look out for her chat show appearance where she takes off Gwyneth Paltrow and Gewn Stefani, this girl is so talented.

If you haven't watched Ozark yet you're missing out on the best TV series of the last five years in my opinion.

Here she is.....

https://youtu.be/Ol5j6mHT8TQ

I'll check those two out Mick. Cheers.

May not all be great actors (sometimes it's more about screen presence like Steve McQueen or Clint Eastwood) but I find the following all watchable : (quite a long list-sorry!)

Denzel Washington, Olivia Spencer, Viola Davies, Willem Dafoe, Walter Goggins, Kurt Russell, Tom Cruise, Matt Damon, Mads Mikkelsen, Tom Hanks, Tom Hardy, Christian Bale, Francis Mcdormand, Daniel Craig, Robert Downey Jr, Guy Pierce, Gary Oldman, Michaela Coel, Helen Mirren. Didn't include the likes of Morgan Freeman, Judy Dench or Anthony Hopkins because they're getting on a bit but just looking at the ones I listed there aren't many under 50!

Tom Hardy, Michael Sheen, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence (excellent in Hustle)

Going back further - Gary Oldman, Christopher Walken, Bruce Willis

On the female side Nicole Kidman and Kate Winslet are both excellent. Winslet was excellent in The Reader.

John Wayne, Bruce Willis and Steven Segal are the same in every film, but you know you will enjoy it.

Cate Blanchett. The only person to have won an Oscar for portraying another actor who also won an Oscar. (She played Katherine Hepburn in Aviator).
    I thought she was terrific in the Talented Mr Ripley.

Leonardo DiCaprio is a very fine actor.

Wolfe Of Wall Street is one of my favourite films and he’s absolutely stellar in that one.

His co star in that film Jonah Hill is also a terrific actor.

The name Steven Seagal should never be anywhere near a topic listing great actors; he is one of the worst ever, awful.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    The name Steven Seagal should never be anywhere near a topic listing great actors; he is one of the worst ever, awful.
    very true the same thing can be said about Sean Connery awful overrated actor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)