+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dens park

Dens park

what a state ! we as fans have sat back and allowed the powers that be run the place into the ground,and nothing absolutely nothing will change under the yanks as was borne out by some of Nelms answers to questions put to him by the S L O.

behind the coxy,sshhit lying all over the place from old pallets too dufc vehicles.

the once most popular stairway into the ground an absolute health hazard as is the gated area,some seats in the main stand where i was last night hadnt seen a wet cloth for months.

Do the owners of the club have zero pride/zero expected cleanliness levels,our stadium needs a bit of tlc and quickly.

first impressions and all that point to us being like 1 bad tenant within a block of 6 flats an absolute disgrace,if we were in the hotel industry or air bnb or b+b industry we would be shut down.

why cant the owners have a bit of pride as just now its akin to living like tinkies

i should add any company/outfit that house keeping should be the highest priority,cinemas.cafes etc etc

Had a wee look back thru mad and my first serious dig about the state of Dens was 13 years ago.

The answers Nelms gave was in the most part bluster.

The proposed 20million stadium would cost God knows how much now.........if everything else is tripling in price why not a stadium complex?

Every single ground I've been to this season is in better nick than Dens.....Arbroath with their "19th century" stadium on the edge of the North sea seem to get it that fans don't need a 21st century environment, bit of pride, bit of fight, bit of belonging.

Dfc belong at Dens Park, they don't belong in the ****hole the yanks and most respected have made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Had a wee look back thru mad and my first serious dig about the state of Dens was 13 years ago.

The proposed 20million stadium would cost God knows how much now.........if everything else is tripling in price why not a stadium complex?

Every single ground I've been to this season is in better nick than Dens.....Arbroath with their "19th century" stadium on the edge of the North sea seem to get it that fans don't need a 21st century environment, bit of pride, bit of fight, bit of belonging.

Dfc belong at Dens Park, they don't belong in the ****hole the yanks and most respected have made it.

pretty much spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Cost of steel, timber, plaster board, everything needed to build any structure is rocketing and our lying CEO just spins his head round a few times and expects us to believe everything's fine. It's not, the new stadium will never happen and Dens will be condemned within two to three years (maximum).

We're being taken for a ride by a cowboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Cost of steel, timber, plaster board, everything needed to build any structure is rocketing and our lying CEO just spins his head round a few times and expects us to believe everything's fine. It's not, the new stadium will never happen and Dens will be condemned within two to three years (maximum).

We're being taken for a ride by a cowboy.
    Pretty much how I see it....and I'll add looking at other sites some of his biggest supporters look like being at the front of the queue to walk away from the club....which probably means selling their ****ing firestick.

I cud be wrong here but the last season of Dixon we sold around 800 adult season tics.....I honestly believe that's where we are heading and it may not be just the ground that survives another cple of years.

Despite the bluster, the smokescreens and false signposting this club is spiralling downward at an alarming rate......spiralling out of control on a downward trajectory can easily become a death spiral.

Anybody got some insight about what a contractor would charge to do some of the stuff that needs attention?
    Wonder if we wrote a wish list and had it priced, it might get some action.

Can only wonder what the current estimate for construction of the new FPS Arena is, how much they would make if they did manage to make a fast buck off Dens and if they aspire to rent it to both city clubs what the rent would be. A new stadium not my preferred option and it will probably be the end for me but it seems to be the choice of the majority so I’ve no complaints with the move as long as it eventually does benefit the Club. I have my doubts this is going to be a story with a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Can only wonder what the current estimate for construction of the new FPS Arena is, how much they would make if they did manage to make a fast buck off Dens and if they aspire to rent it to both city clubs what the rent would be. A new stadium not my preferred option and it will probably be the end for me but it seems to be the choice of the majority so I’ve no complaints with the move as long as it eventually does benefit the Club. I have my doubts this is going to be a story with a happy ending.
    we as fans have been spun along so so many times Scott,must admit that with Nelms at the helm iv never felt so out of touch with the club,some people as just so good thinking they are doing a fine job doing the hop skip and jump with 1 leg,or pedalling a bike with a pedal missing and last but not least wading blindly into the sea thinking the head will always remain above water.

we are a car crash on the pitch and off it especially in the boardroom

there is no god fairy with a magical wand unless of course it has a stetson on its head instead of a crown
    Last edited by shaded; 10-03-2022 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    Is it the choice of the majority Scott?

Has that ever been tested?

I'm not talking about those who sit on their ass watching at home, I'm on about the regular 4500 to 5000 and few hundred who travel away.

It's maybe the majority of you have a wander round the pubs surveying any Tom dick and harry like the Tully does or asking fans who haven't been since Tommy coyne was in his pomp.

Like you if it is it is but I feel a gun is to the head, moan too much, kick up too much of a stink and fps might walk and leave us with the ****hole that they have created.

The dabs have no intention of moving from tannadice and unless the boy has an epithany and realises he's chucking good dough after bad they will never move.

John Burke getting some answers to a few questions is a start but Nelms needs tied to a chair and a spotlight shone into his eyes until he gives straightforward forthright answers.

I'm committed to being 6 ft 2 and a pro golfer before I die ......ain't gonna happen.....but I'll keep kidding myself and others on it will.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)