+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watford Match Day Thread

Sorry, 'Bill, just saw your message. I subscribe to Optus Sport here in Oz which enables me to see every game played in the Premier League each season (which is a lot of football, mate). That said, it does not provide coverage elsewhere so I miss out on the F.A. cup,League Cup, and Champions League, etc. Unfortunately, my 'puter is set up in a different room from the T.V. (not ideal, I know), added to which I'm not the world's fastest typist. This, usually, prevents me from making any comment on a game for the benefit of my fellow Wolfies (other than occasional remarks at H.T. and games end). My apologies for this late reply.

If as it seems, I'm the only one who watched this game, I can tell you this. The Wolves performance today was really good, the complete opposite of the dross we witnessed against Palace. Apart from, Hwang, who had a quiet game (however, he did slip a neat pass for Raul to open the scoring) everyone else played their part in this splendid victory. Watford were completely outplayed and provided very few concerns for Sa. Jimenez, played his best game thus far this season and offered real hope for a return to his former glory. Podence was his usual busy self and was rewarded with a goal when he cheekily lobbed it over Foster who had advanced too far from his goal. Jonny, played wonderfully well, reminding me of how good he can be when on song and Wily Boly , too, provided adequate cover for Kilman during his absence. Unsurprisingly, perhaps, Neves and Moutinho commandeered the middle of the park. Neves, in particular, provided a master-class in ball distribution and his passing game was flawless. It was Neves who provided our 4th and final goal when, with perfect placement he lobbed the ball past the hapless Foster into the net (earning him my M.O.M. award - I bet he's happy about that). If we can maintain this standard for the rest of the season, perhaps there's still a chance we can find a way back into Europe-strnger things have happened.

You can only play what's put in front of you, and Watford weren't much! In fact they were dreadful, there is no way they will stay up. However, after last weekends abysmal display Wolves really looked up for this. It was like a rocket had been put up their backsides from the manager, everything was crisper, the passing, the ball control, the intent. For once we did what we've largely failed to do since we got promoted under Nuno, we turned over a side struggling to survive. We blew them away within the first 20 minutes, albeit with some help from the hapless Ben Foster, who suffered dogs abuse from the home crowd. To top it off, a goal from the Gods! Very rarely do many clubs have a player of a magical gifted talent grace their sides, even the very best teams. We have one. Reuben Neves. This player has everything, he, with Moutinho runs our midfield but he's the one that does the hard work really well. He tracks back, wins the tackles, plays the simple balls ball and plays the eye mesmerising sublime ones..... oh, and he scores unbelievable goals. Not simple ones, penalty's aside, but jaw dropping stuff. Tonight was no differnt. He capped off the display with a chip that Foster must have known what was coming but was helpless to stop it.

There were other notables to take from this match. Ait Nouri and Jonny must start. The difference they bring to our attacking intent is so noticeable. It's been so long since we last saw Boly we've forgot how just how reliable he is. That is no slur on Max Kilman, he's been superb most of this season. However, he was poor last Saturday and whether the events in Ukraine, due to his heritage is affecting him or not Bruno took his out of the firing line tonight.

I hope what we saw tonight is a sign that the players can't take their places for granted, nor the fact we're safe. I think it showed this evening, Bruno isn't prepare to carry players. They have to earn the right to start. Tonight they eared it.

Absolutely no need to apologise Grizz, you've satisfied my curiosity - thanks.

Not been up to posting for a couple of weeks as I have contacted Covid. I don't feel too ill but it seems to be hanging about, still positive today. Just watched the game this morning and good to get a win and score some goals. I agree with Plater re Neves. What a player, and what a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Not been up to posting for a couple of weeks as I have contacted Covid. I don't feel too ill but it seems to be hanging about, still positive today. Just watched the game this morning and good to get a win and score some goals. I agree with Plater re Neves. What a player, and what a goal.
    Sorry to hear you have been ill mate, hope your back at it soon.

Get well soon, Abbo'.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Had Covid about a month ago and like yourself I wasn't that ill.

I lost my sense of taste and I reckon its still not completely back yet, so many strong flavoured foods still seem quite bland.

Saying that, if you saw the way I dress you'd probably say I've never had any taste.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)