+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deja vu

Deja vu

It's springtime, Wootton is in the middle of a massive goal drought and Ruben is just coming into his best form of the season.

Didn't this happen last year too?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    It's springtime, Wootton is in the middle of a massive goal drought and Ruben is just coming into his best form of the season.

Didn't this happen last year too?
    Sounds familiar I must say.
    There's a difference this year though, we have a striker better than Wootton on the books. Eli is more skilful with the ball at his feet, more focussed at hurting the opposition, and capable of reaching higher levels in general.

I still fancy Woots to record his highest goal tally over his 3 seasons here, but hopefully the coaches can recognise those days when he gives zero goal threat. IB said the other week that he's working on getting him to channel his energies into different activities (i.e. pose a theat in behind rather than wrestle with a big centre-half all game).

I think Notts County is French for deja vu. Since I first stood in the County Road stand in the mid/late 1970's I have lived in hope only to be dashed time and time again.

Or deja vu could be French for letting goals in after 85mins? Pretty sure that describes this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Another one View Post
    I think Notts County is French for deja vu. Since I first stood in the County Road stand in the mid/late 1970's I have lived in hope only to be dashed time and time again.

Or deja vu could be French for letting goals in after 85mins? Pretty sure that describes this season.
    Nah, ''deja vu'' is French for ''missing sitters''.

Ruben da Rocha Rodrigues has certainly been productive so far this season in terms of goals and assists. I can't see that changing.

Although bang out of form in terms of goals , Wootton still provides the key height and physical presence that no other forward at the club does.

Cult hero Eli is getting better and better in the past couple of months and proving s real threat, can he keep up this momentum.

Then there is Cal Roberts, inconsistent but on his day. It's a talented 4 that should guarantee us a playoff spot.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Nah, ''deja vu'' is French for ''missing sitters''.
    Pretty sure I have heard you say that before.

touché

Pretty sure I have heard you say that before!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Ruben da Rocha Rodrigues has certainly been productive so far this season in terms of goals and assists. I can't see that changing.

Although bang out of form in terms of goals , Wootton still provides the key height and physical presence that no other forward at the club does.

Cult hero Eli is getting better and better in the past couple of months and proving s real threat, can he keep up this momentum.

Then there is Cal Roberts, inconsistent but on his day. It's a talented 4 that should guarantee us a playoff spot.
    To not make the play-offs with players of that quality would have to be considered an outright failure. If we get into the play-offs and come up short, then I suspect the owners will give IB another season to deliver promotion, but if we missed the top seven altogether it would be a clear and demonstrable regression from what Ardley achieved, and IB would surely be in trouble.

First season: Play Off Final, Trophy Semi Final
    Second season: Play Off Semi Final, Trophy Semi Final
    Third season: ? Trophy Quarter Final

unfortunately there is a trend forming and i believe we have a better squad than last season

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast