+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has Nelms answers to some questions turned the heat up or

has Nelms answers to some questions turned the heat up or

down?.

for me most certainly up.

it appears listening to the word on the pavey that their appears to be a strong nucleus of people that still have pride in their club and want it to the best it possible can,on and off the park and indeed around the ground.

i know for a fact that people have been refused the option to clean up Dens with all paint and sundries supplied,as my young lad was one of them.that is just an absolute disgrace of farcical heights.

Nelms swatted away questions like the state of Dens like flies,that just is not good enough,i would challenge someone taken a piss on dens front doors or spraying a wall,but we sit back and watch the guy run the old lady down and infact imply that is what he intends to do by putting not a penny in to tidy the place,

here is a novel idea,there was once queues of people lining up to clear snow,seats etc etc but lack of communication from Nelms chased them away.

compare both dens and the brick on scottish cup matchday this weekend and that shower over the road will give an insight whats wrong,re atmosphere/attendance etc and the will to progress in a cup tournament.

Nelms gives me the impression he doesn't want to listen or wont listen to anything other than a new stadium,remind me how much was the stadium going to cost pre huge price hikes world wide for materials etc? what would be a truer estimate now? 50/80 million,has Nelms got money backing in place for that ? i doubt it.

the fans have been spun stuff like new grounds since cookie,this new stadium talk with no concrete signatures on paper is strangling the life out the club,so for me the time is a few months away that Nelms has to put up or shut up about camperdown,and the only way to do that is sign the deal or forget about it and concentrate on allowing the fans to regain some of the pride they once had and sprucing the ground etc up to acceptable standards.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    down?.

it appears listening to the word on the pavey that their appears to be a strong nucleus of people that still have pride in their club and want it to the best it possible can,on and off the park and indeed around the ground.

i know for a fact that people have been refused the option to clean up Dens with all paint and sundries supplied,as my young lad was one of them.that is just an absolute disgrace of farcical heights.

Nelms swatted away questions like the state of Dens like flies,that just is not good enough,i would challenge someone taken a piss on dens front doors or spraying a wall,but we sit back and watch the guy run the old lady down and infact imply that is what he intends to do by putting not a penny in to tidy the place,

here is a novel idea,there was once queues of people lining up to clear snow,seats etc etc but lack of communication from Nelms chased them away.

compare both dens and the brick on scottish cup matchday this weekend and that shower over the road will give an insight whats wrong,re atmosphere/attendance etc and the will to progress in a cup tournament.

Nelms gives me the impression he doesn't want to listen or wont listen to anything other than a new stadium,remind me how much was the stadium going to cost pre huge price hikes world wide for materials etc? what would be a truer estimate now? 50/80 million,has Nelms got money backing in place for that ? i doubt it.

the fans have been spun stuff like new grounds since cookie,this new stadium talk with no concrete signatures on paper is strangling the life out the club,so for me the time is a few months away that Nelms has to put up or shut up about camperdown,and the only way to do that is sign the deal or forget about it and concentrate on allowing the fans to regain some of the pride they once had and sprucing the ground etc up to acceptable standards.
    Actions speak louder than words

If work ever starts on a new ground, I see us being like Falkirk, two sides maybe progressing to three, or we may end up like Darlington, a new ground repossessed with us ground hopping

down?.

Every word of this.

Now or never for the Texan.

Fed up being the minks of Scottish football and I sure as hell don't want to be a homeless mink.

down?.

Great post.

May be a long shot but could we get new owners?Might work if the fans could get a buy back Dens scheme going, possibly replacing where the trust funds go now. Think it might be time to try and get rid of nelms if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    May be a long shot but could we get new owners?Might work if the fans could get a buy back Dens scheme going, possibly replacing where the trust funds go now. Think it might be time to try and get rid of nelms if possible.
    Extensive work was carried out on a fans buy back of Dens Park in 2015 including preparing a business case but Nelms wasn’t interested. FPS were happy to pay an unknown rent to Sandeman Properties Limited. However that changed with the introduction of the FRS 102 rules on 1st June 2015 which meant that Dundee Football Club Limited had to state in their annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2016 the annual rental they were paying to Sandeman Properties Limited for Dens Park.
    I do not understand why Nelms is happy to pay an increasing annual rental to Sandeman Properties which during the years 2016 - 2020 inclusive has been a total annual rental of £329,000. (Source DFC Limited annual accounts for years ending 31st May 2016 - 2020).
    According to the latest set of annual accounts for the year ending 31st May 2020 we will have to pay £1,147,804 in rent until the end of the lease which I think is 2032.

down?.

My wife who is a Football widow has a suggestion which would avoid the need to ask the club for permission to clean and spruce up Dens Park.
    She suggests that every Dundee supporter attending a home game at Dens Park takes a pack of baby/wet ones/flash wipes with them. They then wipe the seat they are going to be sitting on plus the seat either side of them.
    This might shame John Nelms into spending money on sprucing up Dens Park especially if photographs of the Dundee supporters cleaning seats before a game because of neglect by the management of the club was posted on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    My wife who is a Football widow has a suggestion which would avoid the need to ask the club for permission to clean and spruce up Dens Park.
    She suggests that every Dundee supporter attending a home game at Dens Park takes a pack of baby/wet ones/flash wipes with them. They then wipe the seat they are going to be sitting on plus the seat either side of them.
    This might shame John Nelms into spending money on sprucing up Dens Park especially if photographs of the Dundee supporters cleaning seats before a game because of neglect by the management of the club was posted on social media.
    Tell you what Islay, in terms of a silent protest that's actually a decent suggestion by Mrs Islay. Second minute at a chosen home game everyone turns away from the pitch and wipes their filthy seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Tell you what Islay, in terms of a silent protest that's actually a decent suggestion by Mrs Islay. Second minute at a chosen home game everyone turns away from the pitch and wipes their filthy seat.
    That seems a good idea which could be repeated at every home league game for the remainder of this season.

It’s not just a dirty seat though, will we bring a paint brush a do a few stokes as we walk up the Dens road, what about a spade to shovel the mud leading to the Coxy gates, this is a disgrace that should have been sorted years ago, I doubt it would cost much, and while I’m on a rant, get the bits of land at back of Cox and Shankly closed of when the minks are at home, we don’t want their vehicles with their badges on our land

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)