+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: OT: Claims to fame

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    My claim. I lived on Lockwood Road as a kid and around the corner from me who lived on Lockwood close?
    None other than the Chuckle Brothers, Barry and Paul Elliott as they were then. They use to say hello to everyone especially the kids, long before they became famous.

Hughie Green - Met him as a kid advertising PG Tips in Tops supermarket, Corporation Street in 65. Sat me with a chimpanzee for a photo, I screamed the place down and the chimp threw a wobbler ....photo shot cancelled until the chimp calmed down and my Sister had the photo shot instead. I eyeballed the chimp all the way through the photo session crapping myself.
    I once met one of the monkeys off the PG tips advert, he was shyre at golf but still better than CAM

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Having empathy and respecting someone speaking about issues is one thing. Allowing that to become a green light to do what others would get called out for is something else in my book. You can be open and respected whilst still being held accountable. I wish everyone with mental health issues nothing but the best, but won't give them free reign just because of it.
    If you want to call him out MT then that is your prerogative, all I was pointing out is what he posted on here the other month and I have just tried to make anyone who may not have seen it aware of it. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    If you want to call him out MT then that is your prerogative, all I was pointing out is what he posted on here the other month and I have just tried to make anyone who may not have seen it aware of it. UTM
    Yeah fair enough, I understand what you were doing. You're probably a more caring person than I am and accommodating. I like to think I am to a degree but I don't like the feeling that any genuine issues are used as some sort of excuse when they shouldn't be. That's where I am a touch suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Yeah fair enough, I understand what you were doing. You're probably a more caring person than I am and accommodating. I like to think I am to a degree but I don't like the feeling that any genuine issues are used as some sort of excuse when they shouldn't be. That's where I am a touch suspicious.
    Cheers MT, but I can see why you, and others call him out. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I spent a very enjoyable 20 minutes with Norman Wisdom as I walked him through the 28th floor offices where I was working in Singapore nearly 20 years ago now. My wife had been interviewing him for a local magazine and he was keen to get away from his minders and get a good view of the city. He was well into his eighties but still as funny as ever. He kept doing his signature pratfalls and funny voices. A memorable man even in old age…
    So nice to hear that CT. The man genuinely brought me to tears of laughter ; my comedy hero as a child.

Had a one to one with Prince Charles when he came to see my work.
    Said to my wife the same evening, “ something doesn’t sit well with me”, regarding him.
    I won’t expand on that, but there you go!.

Once met Buzz Aldrin, he said to me “ who the **** is Brin?”

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Once met Buzz Aldrin, he said to me “ who the **** is Brin?”
    ...should have told him I was the first man to land on Mars. My refuelling station to get there was on the dark side of the moon.
    Last edited by Brin; 13-03-2022 at 08:09 PM.

Once met Wendun and Bill Oddie,one of them was a right c*nt.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Ah, that is a big thing to do of him and thanks for mentioning here, I'll not engage further. Wendun, I sincerely wish you well.
    ....lol

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast