+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Claims to fame

OT: Claims to fame

Just met Tyson Fury in Booths at Carnforth. He's wearing a leather baseball jacket with Gypsy King logo on the back and he's got two black minders. I nod and he comes over and says, "I know you." And I say; "Yeah, I was the bouncer at The Gardens nightclub in Morecambe in the 1980s when you lads used to come in." He smiles, says "Right" and that's it. Made my day. Wife and sister-in-law couldn't believe it.

And?

He started going out young. He wasn’t born until 1988.

He's got a good memory he wasn't born till 1988

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Just met Tyson Fury in Booths at Carnforth. He's wearing a leather baseball jacket with Gypsy King logo on the back and he's got two black minders. I nod and he comes over and says, "I know you." And I say; "Yeah, I was the bouncer at The Gardens nightclub in Morecambe in the 1980s when you lads used to come in." He smiles, says "Right" and that's it. Made my day. Wife and sister-in-law couldn't believe it.
    Wendun you sure it was him and you've got your dates right pal? That would make Fury 52 years old now if he entered the nightclub legally in 1988 as an 18 year old. Might have been a different venue and you've got your dates mixed up. Or was it Mike Tyson and you've got the wrong Tyson he's 55. There would be a colour issue though.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Wendun you sure it was him and you've got your dates right pal? That would make Fury 52 years old now if he entered the nightclub legally in 1988 as an 18 year old. Might have been a different venue and you've got your dates mixed up. Or was it Mike Tyson and you've got the wrong Tyson he's 55. There would be a colour issue though.....
    I think he got fury's words mixed up and fury said " I know you, you know f**k all about football"

How very bizarre. Quite sad witnessing somebody's mind unravel in such a peculiar way. Oh and the black minders comment is odd too. Would you say white bouncers? Doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    How very bizarre. Quite sad witnessing somebody's mind unravel in such a peculiar way. Oh and the black minders comment is odd too. Would you say white bouncers? Doubt it.
    And being hung up about it says even more

You lads as usual have got this wrong. If I wanted to lie I think I'd have checked dates etc. I didn't say I met TF in The Gardens in the 1980s. What I said was that TF was in Booths supermarket today with two black minders and he asked me where he knew me from. The only possible connection was that from 1986-1995 I worked as bouncer at a nightclub in Morecambe where we had constant trouble from gypsies. So I blurted out that fact. He smiled and said "Right" and walked off. If you read my OP you'll see I don't say "when you used to come in" but rather "when you lads (ie gypsies) used to come in." I don't give a sh*t whether you belive me or not but not one of you would call me a liar to my face. Well, not if you were sensible you wouldn't. Ask mikemiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    And being hung up about it says even more
    I don't know what you mean.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast