+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steven Gerrard

Mondaze I agree. When I saw we were playing 2 number 10s I had a shudder. It doesn't work with the personnel we have. I feel bad for Buendia because he is a fantastic player, but second to Coutinho who is (apart from yesterday) a world beater!

Ings is much more clinical than Watkins, but I like the 2 of them playing together.

Ramsey had a very off game, and still Sanson doesn't get a chance :'(

With Nakamba back I'd like us to move Luiz up the pitch but NOT ON FREE KICKS.

Martinez

Digne
    Mings
    Konsa
    Cash

Nakamba

McGinn
    Luiz

Coutinho

Ings
    Watkins

So who is SG suggesting (arsenal post-match), is not believing in his tactics? Not buying into the scheme of things? Do we assume that the substitutions (right side of the team) have a bearing on SG's comment? I’m not sure. He probably would have made 8 subs, if allowed.

Sh1t team’s midfield, brush us off, bully us. Good team’s midfield, the teams we’re trying to emulate, waltz through and around us. Midfield is supposed to be the engine of every team, ours is pedestrian, inaccurate, and weaker than what we need for the next level. We need a whole new engine.

There will be plenty of summer movement folks. Some of my favourites will be gone, so be it, Onwards & Upwards.

UTFV

An intriguing comment by SG, thought no-one in the team put in a great performance and yes the two number 10's doesn't work, it's boring, ponderous and ineffective. Bailey is a passenger when we don't have the ball, he has the pace to chase back, hustle and make things happen.

For all the plaudits McGinn receives from fans, for me he gives the ball away too often.

It’s all about the next level. They aren't poor players, destined for the Championship, or lower. They are all, in the main, honest, hard-working, good players. Mid to lower Prem standard. But if we are to take the next step, then most will need to go.

Then, I believe that only Em1, Konsa, and Coutinho would be ready for a step higher than that.

Agree about Ginny. He plays on the edge a lot, scares the life out of me at times

Well, I think wevan all agree the 2x10 thing does not work. We were over powered in Midfield with little or no options up front. Arsenal won't have an easier away game this season! Watkins - Ings does not work either. Oh well feet up and rest the mind ready the the run in, if we finish 9th I would be delighted!

I guess the league position doesnt lie. Were slightly worse than the likes of Westham and Arsenal but better than most. Im sure the summer transfers will help bridge the gap.

Looked way too easy for Arsenal. SG is suffering the frustration of every Villa manager since time began, why can't they "believe" in my plan!? Stevie, only 4 teams have lost more games than we have so maybe your plan needs a slight tweak? He has the arrogance of a great player but he has not yet earned it as a manager.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)