+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is Jim O'Brien's Injury?

What is Jim O'Brien's Injury?

Jim O’brien’s injury?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 14-03-2022 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Clarification of title

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    Jim O’brien’s injury?
    Haven't heard a single mention of it in all this time

Only thing I heard was the rumour about contracts. If he plays another start, he gets an automatic extra year. Could also just be internet rubbish though. No idea.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Only thing I heard was the rumour about contracts. If he plays another start, he gets an automatic extra year. Could also just be internet rubbish though. No idea.
    We gave him a two-year contract last July, so I find it hard to believe we'd promise any more than that to a player who is now 34, and even if we did, it would surely be based on appearances in the second season of that deal rather than this year.

He's probably got a legit injury or maybe long Covid, but when the club doesn't comment it always leads to idle speculation. I remember when Curtis Thompson disappeared for a long time and got written off, only to go to Wycombe and prove that whatever was keeping hikm out of the team it wasn't a lack of ability.

It would be nice if Charlie or Leigh actually asked the question

“What is Jim O’brien’s injury?”

They ask about everyone else, but Jim seems to be forgotten. He had been “injured” for 6 months!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    We gave him a two-year contract last July, so I find it hard to believe we'd promise any more than that to a player who is now 34, and even if we did, it would surely be based on appearances in the second season of that deal rather than this year.

He's probably got a legit injury or maybe long Covid, but when the club doesn't comment it always leads to idle speculation. I remember when Curtis Thompson disappeared for a long time and got written off, only to go to Wycombe and prove that whatever was keeping hikm out of the team it wasn't a lack of ability.
    Agree. As I say, twitter rumour at it's best.
    Would go for Curtis about now in the middle.

JOB has become this season’s forgotten midfielder, following in the footsteps of Matty Wolfe last season. It drove me mad last season that we were so short on bodies in midfield after the departure of the stroppy Dane without ever playing a league game for us and our over-reliance on Michael Doyle. Still not enough options this season either.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    It would be nice if Charlie or Leigh actually asked the question

“What is Jim O’brien’s injury?”

They ask about everyone else, but Jim seems to be forgotten. He had been “injured” for 6 months!
    I agree. The questions asked pre-game do tend to be quite repetitive, with little thought. I feel for IB churning out the same responses

He's had a back injury caused by some work in the gym. Some sort of sciatica, He is back training and hopefully on the bench against Chesterfield

Quote Originally Posted by Pembo222 View Post
    He's had a back injury caused by some work in the gym. Some sort of sciatica, He is back training and hopefully on the bench against Chesterfield
    I saw him jogging along Meadow Lane near Lady Bay bridge yesterday so hopefully building his fitness up for a comeback during a busy end to the season that we have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast