+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It just gets worse

It just gets worse

Everton beat Newcastle ,nothing is going right for us, c'est la vie.

I don't believe in tooth fairies, Santa Claus or miracles.

I hope Pace knows what he is doing squad/manager wise, otherwise League 1 beckons.

They say a lot of things in football are decided at Easter. Expect this to be the case with us.

a dire performance from Nutcattle,, but were still the better team against a useless 10 men Everdung.

go figure....

but as there's so many crap teams in the PL.....not sure if I could stand another season of it anyway.

Watched the second half and they were both rubbish-not quite as bad as us but rubbish never the less.My heart sank when that goal went in.Trust Eddie not to do us any favours.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Watched the second half and they were both rubbish-not quite as bad as us but rubbish never the less.My heart sank when that goal went in.Trust Eddie not to do us any favours.
    They spent money well filled the gaps where they needed to ( 93million approx) but hey it worked.
    Trippier got them nine points in three games with his displays and goals until injured , now wood is scoring as well and the Brazilian so they’re pretty safe - if you add to that they do have some v good players I particularly like Murphy who doesn’t seem to get a fair chance with them ( subs a lot ).

If I’m honest BT - I think if we’re down Dyche may get an offer from a club or two and that might be enough as the job here is a major re build imo anyway - and if he fills the squad with Dyche style footballers it could be a long slog getting back to the land of milk and honey.

For the last two seasons, at least, we have been hanging on by our finger tips. The team has not been good to watch - more a test of masochism for the supporters.

What do we have to show for our years in the PL and the money that has brought?

Improved training facilities, improvements to the ground, a European adventure.

After that? We have a squad, or what will be left, that may struggle in the Championship. A management team who got us promoted twice but whose style is probably outdated by current standards in the Championship. An Academy that appears to produce little in quality.

As we know, the money in the Garlick era was not wasted - it was not spent!

What do we have to show for our years in the PL and the money that has brought?

A man called Garlick could help you with the answer to that question.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)