+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 1st time in ages....

1st time in ages....

Sunday was our 1st defeat in 10 games, also, our 1st defeat in 11 weeks. However. It was so much more than that.
    Sunday was our 1st defeat in as long as I care to remember, that actually hurt.

Feeling hurt like that was a wonderful feeling, because it brought home to me, the club is back where it belongs, in my heart, making a difference to my day, my week, my life.
    After years of apathy, acceptance and numbness, I felt the hurt again.

Now to move on and become what the whole country are trying to stop us becoming. Let us compete.

Thank you Eddie Howe.

Mick, I think you sum that up for everyone on here. Well said.

I had to get over the anger, injustice and hurt before I could actually feel good about it being there again.

The sleeping giant is waking up!

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Sunday was our 1st defeat in 10 games, also, our 1st defeat in 11 weeks. However. It was so much more than that.
    Sunday was our 1st defeat in as long as I care to remember, that actually hurt.

Feeling hurt like that was a wonderful feeling, because it brought home to me, the club is back where it belongs, in my heart, making a difference to my day, my week, my life.
    After years of apathy, acceptance and numbness, I felt the hurt again.

Now to move on and become what the whole country are trying to stop us becoming. Let us compete.

Thank you Eddie Howe.
    Nail on the head fella.

I think we have seen the bounce in the step of every Geordie since the takeover and since Eddie has turned it around.

Brilliant owners, Brilliant manager, fire in the team, pure sh!t housery from back to front.

There is a fire in the belly and a song in my heart about the football and life in general!

Good post Mick.

I had the pang of defeat after the game but tbh, the happiness of what’s happened to us recently soon made it go.
    When Fatso left, ALL we needed to do this season was avoid relegation (and I thought that It’d be a big surprise if we avoided defeat at Chelsea). Taking that in mind, we are in a superb position, being competitive and playing good football to boot (excuse the pun) despite having a lot of injury problems.
    The lad that got Bournemouth relegated looks like a real gem.

Fantastic stuff, Mick.

Aye, the old feelings are stirring again!

The old spirit was always there, just kept in a jar till the time was right and the clubs effort off the field deserved it.

I could take that defeat. It was a sucker punch.... but it was Chelsea Away.

I could take Bruiceball when we cowardly hid for 90 mins; hoping to draw, be gifted a goal or race up the other end and score after getting battered.

Can take the losses as long as we compete.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)