+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leeds Matchday Thread

Leeds Matchday Thread

Just for once I feel fairly confident about this one. On paper we are easily the more competent side but as we know we can let ourselves down at times.

Oddly I have a soft spot for Leeds dating back from the seventies when they had that side, Bremner, Giles, Hunter Et al. A somewhat abrasive team but you knew when they walked out on the field you were going to see a real game of football.

Hope they stay up, but I hope we whip them today.

Come on mi Babbies!!!!!

Wolves line-up is:

1Malheiro de Sá
    15Boly
    16Coady
    27Saïss
    19Castro Otto
    8Neves
    28João Moutinho
    3Aït-Nouri
    32Dendoncker
    10Podence
    9Jiménez

Substitutes

5Marçal
    11Machado Trincão
    17Fábio Silva
    20Tomás Oliveira
    21Ruddy
    23Kilman
    24Gomes
    26Hwang Hee-Chan
    39Cundle

Good open game first twenty, both teams look sharp. Podence should have scored but hesitated on the ball. Worrying about Neves if he goes off we have nobody that does what he does.

Neves off, Trincao on, not good.

Ooops! Forget I said that!!

1-0 to the good guys.

Nasty collision. Think Jiminez might be gone here, the keeper got their first.

Yup, he's gone. going to be an interesting second half now.

Shocking. Jimenez is now a liability. He offers very little compared to the player he was. However, we still had a two goal lead and our defence should have coped with that but they panicked. Absolutely gutted. We had that game won at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    Shocking. Jimenez is now a liability. He offers very little compared to the player he was. However, we still had a two goal lead and our defence should have coped with that but they panicked. Absolutely gutted. We had that game won at half time.
    Sadly I agree about Jiminez, todays red card was just another indication that he is struggling mentally and physically as a result of his injury.

Personally I thought it was a very good and entertaining game of football with both teams playing some excellent football, just a shame we were on the losing end.

Moutinho anonymous when the game heated up, Trincao outstanding.

Just saw some highlights. Every single goal we allowed could have been avoided by simple clearances. It’s like the team completely forgot the basic fundamentals of the game.

Keystone Cops defending for all three goals.

The sending off (and I don't think it was a yellow card, Raul had every right to go for the ball in that situation) cannot be used as the reason for the ensuing comical collapse.

Losing a two goal lead at home to a side like Leeds is a major reason as to why we cannot progress to that next stage of becoming a top 6 side.

Boly looked as cool as ever and Trincao finally had a decent game.

Still really frustrated about last night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)